Cramlington, Stutensee, Budapest
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
Germany, Hungary, United Kingdom
Are you interested in delivering large-scale, high performance, fault tolerant solutions? We are building a next generation cloud platform to support the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements. Utilising Big Data technologies on virtualised environments, it will operate at scale to provide a secure, distributed multi-tenant system.
We are looking for a strong systems engineer to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers need. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer’s success.
Design, implement, support and troubleshoot cloud based infrastructure including databases, applications, tools, networks etc. Provide technical leadership to software developers and other supporting functions. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs. Interface with other business teams to ensure the environment is secure, compliant and available.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
· RDBMS experience to DBA level
· Proficient with Powershell, Ruby, Perl
· Deep knowledge of Networking Services (TCP and UDP based, DNS, DHCP)
· Familiar with datacenter network routing protocols including enterprise-to-cloud interfaces
· Deep knowledge of Linux and host based networking
· Windows server knowledge
· Expert Linux/Windows performance and stability troubleshooting skills
· Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
· Deep knowledge of AWS environment and services
· B.Sc or better in Computer Science or other engineering disciplinesor equivalent knowledge or experience
· Proficient in coding complex systems using Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++
· Deep focus on building secure Internet facing systems
· Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large scale environments
· Experience of systems administration on large server environments
· Experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
· Experience in managing host, network, or storage virtualization technologies
· Experience in AWS environment
· Java, Python experience helpful
· Expert troubleshooting skills
· Expert fleet automation and management solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.