Healthcare Integrated Supply Chain
Manufacturing scientist responsible for the synthesis and analysis of Cyanine dyes in the CyDye product range, within Biological Manufacturing department.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently as well as a great team player.
The ability to work in an organized and logical manner to enable multi-tasking is desired as is the ability to prioritize own work schedule.
· Carry out synthesis and analysis of the CyDye product range, according to the approved process methods, to meet required specifications
· QC analysis includes, HPLC, UV and TLC
· To utilise problem solving skills and chemical knowledge to troubleshoot manufacturing issues when needed, leading to root cause identification, and potential solutions.
· Work alongside team members to achieve the committed manufacturing schedule
· Comply with EHS regulations and policies
· To maintain good housekeeping and safety within the lab by working with the area supervisor to complete chemical expiry checks, waste disposal, stock maintenance and PPE checks.
· To raise and implement ideas that drive improvements in safety, quality and productivity through the ideas scheme.
· To be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
· To complete all planned quality and compliance training within the defined deadlines.
· To identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
· A BSc degree in chemistry or equivalent experience of working in industry or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· Substantial relevant laboratory-based work experience.
· Knowledge and/or experience of working with HPLC, UV, TLC and a range of column purification techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and an ability to think through, discuss and explain scientific concepts in a clear and unambiguous manner.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Experience and/or knowledge of working with fluorescent molecules would be advantageous.
· NMR and MS knowledge in order to support results analysis.
· Experience of working with supply chain and production control systems similar to, Oracle ERP system, Magic and MyWorkshop document control.
· LEAN and /or Six Sigma experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .