GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Base Service Technician supports the Base Operations Engineer with all the technical and operational aspects of the work carried out at the base (onshore and offshore operations, logistics, installation, work over, maintenance, refurbishment, storage, tracking and certification of equipment, etc.) in order to ensure the delivery of the assigned project as defined by the Customer’s Order or Contract, fulfilling both Customer and Business objectives.
· Provide technical and operational experience, assistance in the identification of opportunities for operational improvement and effective management of the project from the SRT stage to installation offshore
· Prepare and regularly update work plans, detailing goods and services provision, including personnel schedules
· Act as technical focal point between third party supplies and BHGE
· Report on a daily basis on current status of ongoing operations
· Liaise with the Projects, Aftermarket and Engineering Departments in various regions to coordinate equipment storage, maintenance, refurbishment and recertification and ensure such equipment is prepared and fully fit for purpose to meet the customer's schedule
· Actively promote BHGE and Operator Safety Policy and Procedures. Ensure that all appropriate personnel are aware of Operator requirements for Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessments prior to undertaking work
· Coordinate and control third party supplied certification ensuring original equipment manufacturer (OEM) performs refurbishment in accordance with requirements
· Administration of equipment records, including status, location and certification, making this information available to all interested parties
· Assist in the preparation and submission of technical and operational proposals and reports
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college/ or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Microsoft suite proficiency
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills (English and Portuguese)
· Familiarity with Well Drilling and Completion equipment
· Technical knowledge of Oil & Gas Subsea product lines and associated systems
· Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
· Master's degree in Engineering/ or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Proven years of experience in similar role
· Working knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry technical and regulatory framework
· EHS and Quality qualifications
· Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks
· Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies/ remedies
· Strong skills in customer relationship building
· Commercial awareness
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Willingness and ability to travel
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .