Description de l'offre
Healthcare Global Supply Chain
This position will be part of the Automation / IT Team and be responsible for the Design, Maintenance and management of all Automation systems onsite. The Automation Engineer reports to the Automation / IT Manager. The candidate will have knowledge and proficiency in the use of statistical analysis tools, continuous improvement methodologies, problem solving and applied engineering relating to control systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The chosen candidate would typically be accountable for the following activities (but not exclusively);
· Process improvement work to ensure operational and engineering targets are achieved in relation to output, quality, cost, and yield.
· Project Management of small to medium sized site specific projects through conception, approval, planning, execution, and validation in all parts of the plant including Production and Packaging, Utilities, and Warehouse.
· Ownership of issues in the operation control system field.
· Set up of specifications and standard procedures to align with industry standards.
· Anticipating, solving or escalating problems as appropriate.
· All design reviews associated with equipment purchases.
· Troubleshooting of performance trends.
· Risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance.
· The development and execution of FAT, SAT and IOQ protocols in Ireland and abroad.
· Representing manufacturing on site based teams involved in implementing new technology, products or business processes to the site.
· Continuous improvement programs and all performance improvement projects.
· Reviewing and approval of changes to operating procedures and the change control process relating to the system.
· Designing, executing, implementing and directing engineering or process projects which significantly contribute to attaining high system performance.
· Working in a collaborative manner within the Process Teams structure and contributes to investigations, NC and CAPA closure.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
PRINCIPAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Advanced Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Significant experience in engineering in biotech/pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, clinical manufacturing
· Significant experience in executing engineering projects
· Strong experience in cGMP maintenance, operations or engineering.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Very strong control system and automation skills
· Strong analytical problem solving skills.
· Ability to understand and perform code changes on Siemens PLC and Rockwell PCS.
· Significant engineering experience in a pharmaceutical environment
· Significant experience of code changes and software engineering related activities including GMP qualification experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .