The Controllership team are partners of the business, providing technical accounting advice, support on transactions and assisting the development of new accounting policies and procedures. Driving the integrity of the balance sheet and identify opportunities for simplification of processes. Reporting to the Commercial and Technical Controller for Europe and Life Sciences, the candidate should expect a wide-ranging variety of opportunities to develop and make a real difference to the business.
· Support finance/operations leaders and their teams through understanding the financial and accounting implications of transactions and providing US GAAP/GE GAP technical accounting guidance and controllership expertise
· Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues, providing support to the Product Controllers & to the regional Controllership teams which support the Life Sciences and Europe Healthcare business
· Drive the Life Sciences and Europe Healthcare aspects of new US GAAP and GE GAP matters, and critically examine potential issues where financial risks & opportunities may be drawn out
· Provide Controllership support for both new acquisitions and both dispositions of existing businesses
· Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk
· Forge strong relationships with the Global Operations Finance Team to ensure accurate reporting and to drive analytics that have business context
· Provide partnership and guidance to the global Controllership teams & other finance functions (FP&A, Supply Chain, Tax, Treasury) on accounting and reporting matters
· Qualified ACA or ACCA with previous post qualified experience
· Fluent in English, written and spoken.
· Proficiency in U.S. GAAP or another internationally recognized accounting framework and authoritative accounting literature
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
· Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Excellent technical accounting skills; public accounting experience is a plus
· External focus: capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance leaders
· Clear thinker / problem solver: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
· Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
· Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .