- Assembly Production Operatives
- Congleton (United Kingdom)
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Manufacture of product to meet production and quality targets, ensuring assembly and inspection is carried out using the correct tools, current build and correct process documentation.
• Compliance with EHS adherence to safe working operating procedures from the perspective of their own safety and safety of their work colleagues
• Responsible for the build and test of the product to the manufacturing plan.
• Responsible for the build quality of the product, in-line with the standard operating instructions
• Responsible for the efficient manufacture of the product. In line with the defined process
• Propose and implement where instructed, implement process improvement actions that will result in sustainable productivity improvements without impairing product quality or delivery performance or safety.
• Responsible for the routine maintenance/cleaning of the work station.
• As & when required support any other duties that may be required to support the manufacturing facility.
• The ability to work and communicate as part of a team.
• Mandatory EHS Compliance with 'Safe working practices’ within the workplace.
• Requires manual handling expertise.
• Able to work to standard written operative procedures in autonomous manner
- Experience in the light mechanical assembly environment or similar
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Understanding of ‘Lean manufacturing’ techniques would be advantageous
• Understanding of Kanban & Flow / Pull Techniques would be advantageous
• Mechanical/Electrical aptitude would be advantageous
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visitwww.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
- Assembly Operative
- Sheffield (United Kingdom)
- Assembly Operative
- High Wycombe (United Kingdom)
- Assembly Operatives
- Petersfield (United Kingdom)