Description de l'offre
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
A Dowty Propellers apprenticeship will give you a wide-ranging experience from manufacturing composite propellers to repairing propellers as well as testing, inspecting and even design and development of new products. Dowty Apprentices of 2019 will also have the unique opportunity of joining us as we move into our brand new, purpose-built ‘Brilliant Factory’. The new facility will house our manufacturing, repair and development businesses for the first time in our history.
The Dowty apprenticeship is an exciting three-year programme that provides all the skills an individual would need to kickstart their career in aviation.
The programme breakdown is as follows:
• Full time study at a college, working towards L2 diploma in Engineering Technology
• Regular touchpoints with the Dowty Training Team
• Extra-curricular activities to grow key skills such as teamwork, collaboration and self-confidence
• One day per week at a college, working towards L3 diploma in Engineering Technology
• Four days per week working in our Brilliant Factory
• Rotations will take the apprentice on their learning journey through manufacturing, repair and overhaul and test areas of our business
• Full time working within the business
• Completing the rotation programme to cover all aspects of what we do
• Complete L3 diploma in Engineering Technology
Our apprentices are assigned a project by the business to grow their wider skills in project management, resource management and materials handling. The Dowty Training team support and mentor our apprenticeship programme and provide soft-skills training to help our apprentices grow to fulfil their potential.
• A successful candidate would have GCSE (or equivalent) passes at grade 4 (C), or above, in English Language, Mathematics and either a Science or Technology based subject. Equivalent qualifications or experience may be considered.
• Experience and/or extra-curricular activities in a technical field would be advantageous
Please include qualifications and all studies within your CV.
• A positive attitude, with an eagerness to learn
• Ability to problem solve
• Good interpersonal skills
• Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking
• Able to work effectively within diverse teams
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Dowty Propellers is a world-leader in propeller manufacturing for a number of aircraft and hovercraft.
The Dowty Propellers apprenticeship will pay you a salary while you work towards an engineering qualification and give you a huge array of practical skills. Using cutting edge technology and innovative materials, our apprentices truly are considered our future leaders within our business.
It is an exciting time for us all!