GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
The software application engineer develops practical and innovative ways to meet goals with customer centricity. Is responsible for work that is less defined in scope, has the understanding and experience to offer software technical, installation and development support to customers, channel partners and the GE commercial organization.
Opening Date – 21st June 2017
Closing Date – 19th July 2017
Salary – Competitive Salary Applies
· Communicate with customers, channel partners and sales people to scope out software technical requirements
· Generate technical software system design proposals based on customer requirements
· Provide support to customers installing GE software
· Provide on-going technical software support to installed base of customers
· Generate material and give technical software training at both GE and customer facilities
· Assist with customer data migration
· Assist with database design, administration and optimisation issues
· Based in Leicester, UK with travel up to 25% of the time and international travel required
· Responsible for the technical interface between customers, customer care and the engineering organization
· Generate ideas for and assist in the execution of simplification and cost out initiatives
· Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Java, C++ and C# software programming and development experience
· Solid commercial experience with the WAMP or Microsoft solution stack, and Visual C++ or similar
· Apache Web Server/Microsoft IIS administrator experienced in configuration, deployment and security on Windows Server and PC platforms
· Web Development and deployment with MVC/Frameworks and CSS experience
· Work within an Agile development environment
· Database Internationalisation, backup/restore, audit, logging & data import/export
· Experience of rich UI development including HTML, JQuery, report screens, print, PDF, graphs
· Hardware appreciation and familiarity
· An understanding and willingness to learn typical customer applications for the Druck range of calibration equipment & software
· Worked as an external customer facing Project Engineer
· Able to handle queries regarding all aspects of technical support
· Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
· Fluent English with good communication skills and able to present to a group
· Ability to produce a technical proposal
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, matrix team environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills, able to deliver presentations
· Proven success in a role requiring project and support skills
· Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with high level of accuracy
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
The Pressure Business was started 46 years ago using Piezo Resistive Technology, that provides excellent stability and reliable performance unbeaten in the market. We have recently invested tens of millions in our new Class 100 Cleanroom based in our Leicester facility. Our Pressure products are used in hundreds of applications, from Aerospace, Subsea, Metrology and Hydrology and a myriad of manufacturing processes. Our unique TERPS technology sensors gives unprecedented levels of accuracy and performance up to 0.0001% FS. We are a new kind of industrial company that’s connecting hardware and software to create brilliant machines able to seamlessly share information and predictive analytics that enable our customers to optimize the performance in real time. This is the industrial internet and it’s powered by GE’s PREDIX platform – the world’s first industrial operating system.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!