Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Mechanical Thermal Analyst to join the team within the Avionics business. The position is required to meet increased demand for support on existing and new projects. The team is responsible for the mechanical design of electronic equipment for civil and military applications.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Drawing on own experience and expertise to provide technical leadership to personnel and multi-disciplinary teams across a number of projects
· Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues and problems
· Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Develop and execute objectives for self and others, with the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programmes and processes for mechanical engineering
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with strong experience in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
· Strong experience in Engineering position
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .