Advanced Manufacturing Engineer- Test & Calibration
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
BHGE Measurement & Sensing (Druck Ltd) has a vacancy for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Leader providing AME support to nominated production lines within the Groby facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick & effective solutions to production issues, supporting New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and contribute to longer-term productivity growth & first pass yield improvements.
· Lead the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team for the Test & Calibration Pillar as part of a cross-functional team, including:
· Provide resource for CPO and NPI, Influence technology & production to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance and yield. Support all aspects of project milestones & business reviews to closure.
· Provide reactive support resource (RTS) to the production unit to maintain customer promise dates (PK) and all other metrics, including scrap, rework and cost of quality
· Lead & support Root Cause investigation activities to identify manufacturing issues and optimise build/test processes, to improved yields.
· Ensure all activities are performed in line with departmental operational and quality procedures.
· Plan the team activities and monitor performance against the plan, manage conflicting priorities.
· Support the China AME team as required in line with pillar strategy.
· Drive AME team strategy to identify growth and skills development for improving the team’s capabilities, identifying required training courses, and upskilling the team’s ability for solving complex technical issues.
· Influence Site & Global leadership team to drive improvement opportunities into real projects that deliver impact for the business
· Coach and empower individuals to realize their potential, including performance development (PD), identifying individual growth plans and supporting development/training needs
· Collaborate with Global supply chain leads to ensure dedicated resources are aligned and fully utilized to support Pillar Growth & sales order priorities for quarter/year end op plan
· HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
· Understanding of complex Electromechanical Assembly in a very technical production environment.
· Experience in leading multi discipline engineering teams, to support a matrix organisation.
· Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
· Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes. Provide electro-mechanical support to technology & manufacturing
· Leading and contributing member of large cross functional teams
· Strong background in interpretation of complex Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process.
· Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and development of procedures
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience of using SAP ERP
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Shainin Red X certified
· Experience with complex manufacturing assembles
· Support and/or Design experience with calibration and test systems.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
BHGE Measurement & Controls (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE M&C is a Sub-Division of GE Oil & Gas (BHGE) that employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.