Aviation Supply Chain
The 5 Axis CNC Process Engineer will be involved with engineering associated with the manufacturing process. This is a hands-on role with in the Lean Lab. In the role of Lead Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the Blisk Airfoil manufacturing process in the Lean Lab and transferring to high volume Production Site.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking development hardware from the concept (working with Design Engineering on initial design) to final product (producing low rate hardware in the Lean Lab) for development engines.
· Manufacturing and programming blisks and complex aerodynamic gas turbine components
· Define and control manufacturing process including cutting tools, fixtures and equipment
· Utilize NX CAD and CAM, NREC, 3rd Wave, and Vericut software inside NC Machine environment to develop process
· Rough and Finish Blisk Airfoils on 3-5 axis milling machines
· Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment
· Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
· Work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
· Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
· Deliver products as part of a team
· Work on cross functional teams
· Lead transition of programs and process to production facility
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing or Engineering
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Good understanding and hands on experience with the following items:
· NX CAD / CAM
· Specialized Blisk Milling Software
· On machine probing
· 5-axis CNC milling
· Airfoil quality and requirements
· Cutting tools and work holding fixtures
· Aviation manufacturing process and materials
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.