GE Gas Power
Gas Power Aero Products & Services Joint Venture
The 2nd Shift Turbine Technician - Jport will perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and / or standard work practices.
As the 2nd Shift Turbine Technician - Jport, you will:
· Perform routing of engine hardware, assemblies, and other material in support of assigned area complying wi th material handling and storage procedures.
· Perform comprehensive inspections of gas turbine engines, components and hardware for serviceability in accordance with technical specifications, routers, manuals or other quality verification criteria
· Report and record discrepancies using
service manuals as a reference
· Maintain records and ensure proper documentation of turbine assembly, disassembly, or repairs per the Quality Management System (QMS), neatly, accurately, and legibly
· Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component failures
· Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices, hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as assigned
· Uphold safety requirements and
compliance in accordance with current policies
· Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to promote safety and prevent FOD.
· Work individually and in teams to support continuous improvement projects
· Work required hours as requested to meet production and customer
· Perform other related duties as requested/assigned by Operations leadership
· High School Diploma / GED
· Minimum of 2 years of experience working in AeroDerivative Gas Turbine or Aircraft Engine Services (or A&P license) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability and willingness to read and communicate in the English language
· Ability and willingness to lift 40lbs
· Able to read and interpret service repair manuals and technical publications to determine work procedures
· Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the use of various hand tool including but not limited to torque wrenches, transducers, multipliers, dial indicators, micrometers, scales and other precision instrumentation
· Basic computer skills
· Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Prior experience working with different types of engines / packages / Gas turbine product lines
· Experience with LM2500, LM6000, LMS100 or other Aero-derivative Gas Turbine Engines or Packages
· Borescope Inspection experience
· Familiarity with static & dynamic balancing theory and procedures
· Thorough knowledge of FOD / DOD prevention and control
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of customers – its two parent companies, Baker Hughes and GE Power, as well as the Authorized Service Providers (ASP) network. At Aero Alliance, our purpose is to deliver improved product, repair & execution strategy & fulfillment with best-in-class quality, speed and cost for the JV Partners & ASPs.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).