GE Aviation's technical co-ops and interns gain broad exposure to varied areas of the Aircraft Engine business. Areas of opportunities include Design/Development Engineering, Engine Services, Manufacturing, Materials, Sourcing and other assignments. Experienced managers mentor co-op contributions and ensure development during their assignments. Co-ops build leadership and functional skills through structured and challenging hands-on experience complemented by classroom training.
Design/Development Engineering. roles include component design and testing, life management., aerodynamic and thermodynamic design, performance, stress analysis, vibration analysis, and engine tests. Most projects rely on PCs or workstations to utilize modeling techniques. Engine Services roles provide the unique experience of working hands-on with engine components and component repair processes. Most projects require constant interaction with engineering and customer support staff. Manufacturing. roles include cycle time reduction, product flow, workstation design and tooling, material handling, and environmental. health and safety. Materials roles provide opportunities to evaluate and characterize materials and processes for use in aircraft engines. Sourcing roles include preparing request for quotes, purchase orders, negotiating contracts, and developing and growing international suppliers.
· Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (without rounding)
· Working towards a degree in a technical field of study
· Attending a full time matriculated two year technical program
· Completed one full year of college (rising sophomore)
· Willingness to work in any GE Aviation US location for a minimum of 10 weeks and maximum 28 weeks
· Our positions require access to export controlled information. Due to that requirement, we need to ask are you one of the following: (1) U.S. Citizen or National; (2) U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident; (3) Person granted Refugee status in the United States; (4) Person granted Asylee status in the United States; (5) A Special Agricultural Worker under section 210 or (6) a beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program under section 245A of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act.
· A strong commitment to career in engineering or manufacturing
· An analytical approach to problem solving
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft products
· Willingness and ability to learn from others
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Collaborative team player
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· One who strives for academic excellence and shows great initiative
· Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you’re passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world’s toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).