Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The 1st shift Engineering Testing Specialist will support Test Engineers in the design, fabrication, installation, and check out of electro-mechanical panels, assemblies, & test equipment. In addition, will support engineering with development and qualification testing on complex power generation, distribution, & conversion systems and components.
· Provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
· Work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Perform assigned tasks including definition, approach, analysis, review, and implementation - on schedule and within budget
· Make technical decisions by applications of specialized knowledge / skills
· Support operational execution in an engineering lab environment
· Recommend technical approach, required resources, and schedule interfaces with: other Engineering Departments, Centers of Excellence, Manufacturing, Quality, Sourcing, and Global Research Center and Suppliers as required
· Interface with customer organizations to assure requirements are met
· Leverage prior work where appropriate
· Communicate status and problems to project leaders and management
· Document results, participate in program reviews, and prepare invention disclosures where appropriate
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (OR an Associate's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 3 years of related test experience; OR a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 7 years of military or commercial Test Equipment and / or Aerospace Test Equipment design / troubleshooting / maintenance experience)
· Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military or on the job experience
· Previous hands-on experience in the electronic / hardware / software design and development of custom test equipment
· Experience in Aerospace Power Systems, specifically rotating equipment
· Ability to perform detailed test system design, simulation, and testing of aerospace power components
· Ability to organize and clarify technical requirements, develop support documentation and support lab / field testing of aerospace power components
· Training experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Experience with MS Office and Project, ACAD experience
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to work independently and with multi-functional teams in the design of new test equipment for both engineering and our customers
· Proven team building ability with technical project management experience
· Experience in plumbing, and the installation / troubleshooting of hydraulic, pneumatic, and water systems
· Experience in working with high voltages and high voltage systems
· Willingness to participate in an exciting Research and Development environment
· Circuit board testing and soldering rework experience a plus, with past or present J -Std certification working on Discreet and SMT components
· Experience with hands-on Hydraulic and Electrical setups of rotating power generation components
· Strong problem solving skills
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Learn More about GE
Start your career on the right path. Come see what you are missing!>Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).