To gain experience in the development of tropical research programmes, the identification of funding and work opportunities, co-ordination of proposal submission, and development of sponsorship and promotional activities.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
- Provide support to the Research & Development Manager;
- Organise data management and data review initiatives;
- Assist with Frontier BTEC course administration;
- Aid the development of research information and resources initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation and supervision of all proposals that are submitted, working in collaboration with the Programme Managers (London HQ) and Project Co-ordinators, Research Coordinators and Country Co-ordinators overseas;
- Production of the quarterly newsletter regarding projects and publications;
- Preparation and distribution of reports and manuscripts;
- Update references database and file new references;
- Archive in-coming and current data sets;
- Assist with monitoring the BTEC Tropical Habitat Conservation assessing final project submissions and discerning the level of competence attained;
- Follow up requests for references and peer reviews;
- Utilisation of data for production of review materials with an aim of producing articles and manuscripts for publication;
- Assist with the Co-ordination of Country Co-ordinators and overseas development and fundraising activities;
- Develop relationships with relevant national and international bodies to further improve upon the work carried out by Frontier;
- Source new sponsorships for projects, including support of field staff to secure in-country sponsors and production of publicity materials for sponsors (with the Marketing Manager);
- Submit weekly popular science articles for online publication.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment by attending careers fairs and giving presentations as required by the Events and Outreach Co-ordinator.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
6 months contract, minimum of 4 days a week, 10:00 – 17:30 with possibility of extension.
Travel allowance available.
Non – salaried position. Subsidised 10-week overseas placement on a Frontier research programme (excluding return flights, visas, insurance, and dive training and equipment) on successful completion.