Fraudscreen are a fantastic Leeds based company who have a Computing student on placement their year, and they’re looking to recruit another student!
He says: “The internship at Fraudscreen has allowed me to build on my skills that I have learnt from university in a challenging work environment. Every task I am assigned is interesting and directly related to my course, with a large focus on network PHP programming, a new skill that I have learnt at the business. The company is a small group who are very close and welcoming; you always feel like you can ask for any help or whatever you require. I feel that this internship has been a great opportunity for me, and I couldn’t ask for any more from Fraudscreen.”
Fraudscreen would like someone with a good knowledge of computing, with a good aptitude for algorithm research and testing, and a good mathematical mind, and an interest in Data R&D ……. If this is you and you have not yet secured that placement - please read on!
“Data is the new raw material of the 21st century” Nigel Shadbolt & Tim Berners-Lee 2012
Fraudscreen is a successful data and engineering company which has opened a data, analytics and product Research & Development Centre in Otley, West Yorkshire for the manufacture of new products. Fraudscreen has a wealth of data and is investing in both new data-sources and new and innovative ways of analysing, mapping, modelling, storing, and retrieving the data, as well as creating innovative new products.
There are three projects available;
• Creating a novel approaches to Name and Address Matching & linking individuals (Fuzzy Logic, Soundex, Metaphonics, hybrid Phonex) & developing rapid search capability (akin to Google PageRank).
• Creating a model evaluation/binning tool for rapid model evaluation.
• Artificial Intelligence Product Development and using big data and machine learning using Hadoop, NoSql, Bayesian and laplace models
Activities will include:
• Research Into New Solutions & Models
• Dev & Test of New Solutions & Models
• Pilot / Roll-Out of Solutions & Models
• Evaluation of Existing Solutions & Models
• Process Mapping & Documentation
Deadline: 9am Mon 4 Jul
Start date: 11 Jul 2016
Salary: Living wage - £7.65 per hour – and 37.5hrs a week.
Location: Fraudscreen R&D centre, Pegholme, Wharfebank Business Centre, Ilkley Road, Otley, LS21