Strategy and Transactions - EY-Parthenon - Transaction Strategy and Execution – Digital Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility – Director
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution hasa market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We are investing heavily in building our Digital practice and scaling our capabilities to continue to deliver on Digital related growth engagements, including large-scale Digital transformations, and are looking for experienced Digital leaders to join the practice.
EY-Parthenon aims to create a unique world-class strategy and transformation practice that delivers long-term value to our clients. EY-Parthenon enables our professionals to lead from the front, unlock the full potential of strategy, transactions and restructuring, and reshape work, paving the way for major transformation programs, and driving measurable impact to the rest of EY. EY-Parthenon plays a critical role in driving collaboration between sub-service lines, within service lines and across the firm. EY-Parthenon houses three strategic competencies of which Transaction Strategy and Execution's Digital practice contains our market-leading methodologies to help unlock our clients’ full potential by helping them answer their most complex strategic digital questions.
As a Transaction Strategy and Execution vertical, the Digital practice brings together professionals with diverse strategic capabilities and deep sector insights to assist businesses in transforming their corporate and BU strategies to survive and thrive in a digital world. We rely upon rigorous fact-based analysis and deep sector expertise to deliver insights that provoke unconventional thinking. We assess their underlying digital business models, explore avenues for new growth, both organically and inorganically, and construct the roadmap to build, grow and transform the organization for the digital world.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director in our Digital practice, you will be a vital member of the team helping to identify, navigate and deliver Digital opportunities with our clients, leading and executing operational and transformational focused projects. You'll execute and manage projects across all sectors, directing our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions Digital projects and large scale digital transformations – working across service lines. You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success
· Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy & Transactions sub service lines.
· Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
· Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our Digital practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
· Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
· Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, or Analytics and5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience.
· MBA is preferred.
· Significant M&A management consulting experience.
· Ability to visualize and communicate an end-to-end digital transformation from strategy implementation to execution.
· Capability to participate in and promote a digitally innovative culture.
· Demonstrate industry expertise in the Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility sector.
· Credentials or qualifications, as well as work experience, in at least one or more of the following technologies:
· Artificial Intelligence
· Data Analytics
· IoT/Industrial IoT
· RPA/Intelligent Automation
· Digital Twin/Digitizing Manufacturing
· Broad experience with the execution of some or more of the following Digital initiatives or skill-sets:
· Agile Methodologies, Data Strategy, Data Security, Design Thinking, Digital Procurement, Digital Readiness/Maturity Assessment, Digital Strategy, Digital Transformation, Supply Chain Transparency, Digital Thread, Factory Automation, Industry 4.0, Revenue Stream Transformation, Workforce Reimagined, Workshop Facilitation
· Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
· Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
· Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
· The ability to make detailed assessments of technology, operations or manufacturing infrastructure.
· The ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts.
· The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
· Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
· Experience working on large digital programs in complex business environments.
· Potential to grow into a leadership position within the company.
· Background of working with digital innovation hubs and an understanding of the digital start-up landscape.
· A proven record of excellence in a Digital mergers or acquisitions transactions role
· An entrepreneurial and growth mindset to continue to build our Digital practice capabilities and solutions
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.