EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing global IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
Project manager is responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires mastery of the technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers.
· Successfully execute the project to agreed schedule, budget and scope
· Perform the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
· Plan the project based on a defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline
· Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control
· Plan for and manage change
· Reports on variances to the approved project baseline
· Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
· Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders
· Manage project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
· Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
· Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
· Work within defined governance processes
· Support development of business cases with the customer team including assisting on the solutions estimate
· Lead the development of the project charter and scope, and ensure delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope
· Develop objectives, phasing and content of the project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales
· Manage to the objectives and plan by thorough risk, issue and change management across both business and IT parts of the project
· Ensures that quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
Your key responsibilities:
· Monitors and manages project baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule – manages variances
· Proactively identify risks and issues on projects - leading team to develop risk management and issues management plans
· Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline and budget
· Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
· Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
· Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
Skills and attributes for success
· Experience of managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, typically up to $500,000 in value and 6 to 12 months in duration
· Experience managing project leveraging both waterfall or agile methods
· Understanding of financial and accounting technologies and processes.
· Proficient in project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
· Experienced in using off-shore resources
· IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
· Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
· Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writin
· Direct supervision provided by a Senior Project Manager or Service Delivery Manager/Team Leader; frequency on a weekly or as needed basis
· Project manager leads project teams consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups; supervises staff; assigns responsibility to members; monitors progres
· National and international travel may be required
· A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experienc
· 5+ years in a corporate IT environment
· 3 to 5 years experience in project management
· Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
· Work experience in a professional services industry, preferre
· Familiarity with PMP, PRINCE, ITIL v2 or 3
What working at EY offers
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.