The Corporate Finance team at EY has had another highly successful year and we are seeking to build on this through the recruitment of an M&A professional at the Vice President/Assistant Director level in our Real Estate Corporate Finance team.
This a front office role offering a high degree of client interaction. Working alongside a Partner or Director, you will have day to day responsibility for leading the execution of a broad range of real estate backed transactions. You will act as a main contact point for clients during the transaction process, advising them on their transaction strategy and negotiating with counterparties and their advisers to set and drive the transaction timetable.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to grow your career within EY’s inclusive culture by supporting new business development through utilising and growing your contact network while developing a deep sector expertise.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong experience in a corporate finance environment, including experience playing a lead role in executing transactions;
· Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight;
· Experience of leading teams, coaching colleagues to help them achieve their potential;
· Committed to working to tight deadlines, practiced at thinking clearly under pressure and experienced at maintaining team morale during lengthy and difficult transactions;
· Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet';
· Ability to identify potential deal opportunities, utilise and develop a network of contacts and support the team in origination efforts;
· Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements;
· Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate;
· Extensive experience in building financial models and valuing businesses within challenging timescales;
· Experience in valuing companies using various methodologies, mainly DCF, precedent transactions and traded comparable companies;
· High standard of spoken and written English is a prerequisite
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. We are keen to help you develop your career and long-term ambition is something that we love to see in our team.
What you can expect from us
You can expect to work in an environment where our people are encouraged to be themselves and are supported to grow professionally through exposure to transactions and EY’s training programs. We recognise that to provide our clients with the high professional standards they expect from us, our people need to have a full life outside of work and therefore we encourage the use of flexible ways of working.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.