Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Experience Management (EM) team is committed to providing our client-serving professionals with relevant experiences to promote career development and growth. As an Experience Manager, you will be identifying talent with specific skillsets to build diverse teams supporting our clients. You will build relationships at all levels and be a trusted and strategic business partner to our business leaders. You will also interact with various business functions including finance, operations, and business development and be a crucial piece in helping to drive our business in meeting strategic goals.
You will work with resource/scheduling assignments that are complex and require extensive relationships with engagement managers to successfully execute on the engagement resource assignment process. You will focus on matching resource needs with availability while taking into consideration skills required, personal preferences and engagement risk. You will coordinate with other EMs and client service leaders to balance workloads and address staffing needs as required. Location: Charlotte or Jacksonville.
Your key responsibilities
· Assign appropriate client service personnel to engagements by accessing information presented, reviewing options available and presenting recommendations based on policies and client requirements. Challenge hours and personnel scheduled as appropriate to make sure of efficient utilization of resources.
· Promote and monitor the sharing of resources; network with other team members across regions and service lines to address resource needs and/or conflicts
· Proactively identify and address scheduling risks (i.e. excessively high/low utilization, morale issues, performance issues, staff/engagement/client issues). Take action to decrease individual’s unassigned time and balance the workload of engagement teams.
· Resolve conflicts with engagement team members to identify appropriate alternatives in a timely manner considering engagement requirements and developmental goals of staff supported
· Build relationships and communicate continuously with client service personnel to identify personal schedule preferences and/or career development goals
· Focus on engagement needs by appropriately prioritizing staffing decisions
· Counsel with supported headcount as needed/requested; raise issues to leadership as appropriate
· Work cross functionally with other support functions, including recruiting, talent and Visa & Immigration, to best support client servers.
· Read, review and interpret utilization and scheduling reports. Utilize scheduling tools to assist in forecasting hours, tracking utilization and monitoring headcount. Communicate data to leadership and drive strategic conversations to track towards plan utilization.
· Raise critical and complex issues identified to EM leadership
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical skills; detail oriented
· Proficient using Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
· Ability to work independently
· Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Proficient at negotiation skills and conflict management
· Strong client service focus; responsive to requests maintains a sense of urgency in resolving issues
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years of experience. Experience in a professional services firm desired
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Proficient in scheduling tool and other Microsoft applications
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks; strong organizational skills
· Possess strong problem solving skills
What we look for
We’re interested in knowledgeable professionals ready to take ownership for spotting trends and improving our processes. You’ll need to be naturally curious, ready to learn and have a genuine passion for improvement. If you’re aiming to influence change within a world class organization, all while developing your own career, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, as of January 1, 2021 we offer a flexible vacation plan plus 19 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.