QUEST is an interdisciplinary team of economists, statisticians, and business analysts that assists corporations, governments, and industry groups with a variety of sophisticated quantitative analyses. Our team provides clients in a wide range of industries and geographies with services related to policy-focused economic analysis, statistical sampling, survey design and implementation, and other quantitative analytics. QUEST also functions as one of EY's internal think tanks, providing analyses of important issues to inform our clients' business strategies. At QUEST, you'll have the opportunity to work with a unique combination of leading economists at the forefront of public policy debates, statisticians designing cutting-edge sampling techniques, and survey specialists developing innovative approaches to collecting information from businesses and customers.
EY's QUEST practice is seeking an economist to join our team of economists and statisticians in Washington, D.C. As a member of the QUEST practice you will have the combination of deep quantitative knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve clients' needs. Our people provide quantitative advisory services to private sector clients, including tax policy analyses, economic impact modeling, and reports and modeling to help develop legislative strategies and to inform policymakers. Given their extensive government experience, the team knows the types of analyses which are highly effective with policymakers and their staffs. These analyses are performed at the state and local, federal, and global levels.
The QUEST practice has three service lines: economic policy analysis, statistical sampling and data analytics, and surveys. As an economic policy Senior, you will provide quantitative services in QUEST's economic policy analysis service line.
Your key responsibilities
· Develop and analyze tax policy proposals
· Prepare business tax competitiveness analysis
· Estimate revenue effects of tax proposals
· Model economic and fiscal impacts of specific industries or facilities
· Write accessible reports of study findings
Skills and attributes for success
· Work on key client issues involving policy and regulatory issues, with a focus on enhancing client strategies that align with the client's business objectives through quantitative analysis
· Develop tools to evaluate economic and fiscal implications of proposed policies and apply econometric methodologies to measure compliance with existing regulations
· Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of policy issues
· Assisting in designing and implement quantitative and analytical software applications
· Assist in developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
· Supervising a motivated team of staff, guaranteeing they have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to reach their full potential
To qualify for the role you must have;
· Master's or Ph.D. in public policy / economics or other quantitative discipline
· A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
· Interest and ability to apply quantitative methods in a business environment
· A commitment to teamwork and the ability to direct the work of other team members
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent analytical and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment and effectively meet deadlines
· Computer skills, including familiarity with statistical programming and database management
Ideally, you'll also have
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
What we look for
We are looking for someone who is excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses. We are also looking for someone who is interested in different specialized industries, how to meaningfully use and interpret data, and the intersection of business and government. If you are someone who likes to conquer challenging projects and enjoys applying your quantitative skills, then this role is ideal for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise, and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.