Corporate Structuring Lawyer – UK&I Law – London – Senior level (EY)
The Law team at EY is a fast growing and dynamic integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, flexible, ambitious professionals to join us to fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a client facing, cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation looking to disrupt the legal market. EY Law in UK&I began in 2015 and EY globally has over 3500 lawyers across over 80 jurisdictions.
We are currently seeking a senior level solicitor to join our specialist Structuring team within the corporate department in EY Law in London. The role is client facing.
The Structuring team in EY Law is recognised in the legal market (per The Legal 500, current edition) as being a Tier 1 practice in the category of international business reorganisations, one of only three law firms with such top level accreditation in the UK. Based in London, the team deals with typically high-value, complex, cross-border legal entity rationalisation exercises, commercial and tax-led reorganisations and a variety of leading governance and transformation projects. The team commonly provides such legal services acting closely alongside experts from EY tax and accounting teams, due to the nature of the work requiring multi-disciplinary solutions.
We work across all sectors and with our counterparts across the global EY Law network to provide multi-jurisdictional advice. The London team frequently co-ordinates and leads large, global legal projects.
Your key responsibilities
· Delivering and taking responsibility for exceptional client service, consistently producing high quality work, demonstrating technical competence and insight
· Building and maintaining relationships with your Law colleagues and peers in EY (particularly Tax) and developing skills in building relationships appropriate to your level in clients
· Helping and providing support to more senior lawyers in efforts to develop the business and contribute to winning new clients
· Actively engage in on the job learning and understanding of UK company law issues and practices concerning the work of the team and deliver technically accurate work, well researched and communicated well
· Attend to client care requirements on matters on which you are involved and demonstrate good financial management, as well as helping senior members to prepare proposals
· Participate in team and firm events, giving internal and (where appropriate) external presentations, and support the team in producing expert articles for publication, contributing to people initiatives
· Demonstrate a proactive, self-starter attitude and take responsibility for tasks and volunteer where capacity allows.
Skills and attributes for success
· Good and well developing knowledge of technical areas of company law in the UK, particularly as regards provisions relating to share capital, distributions, governance, fiduciary duties, intra-group transactions, company law issues concerning carve-outs, entity establishment and dissolution
· Good experience of coordinating (or assisting in the co-ordination of) the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several jurisdictions
· Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
· An innovative mindset (supporting the use of technology to improve service delivery)
· Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
· Enthusiastic team player with theability to integrate with new teams (and cross-location) quickly
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
· Strategically and commercially aware with an appreciation of the business, and ideally tax, context within which commercial advice applies
· Ability to build strong relationships with good experience (appropriate to level) of working on demanding client projects across a wide spectrum of size and activities
· Relationship management skills with ability to manage client/stakeholder expectations
To qualify for the role, you must be or have
· UK-qualified corporate solicitor with around 1-3 years PQE experience, some of which should have been gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered)
· Strong technical and drafting skills are essential, as well as a passion for this type of work
· An effective communicator and have a strong eye for detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management skills, planning and prioritising work, meeting deadlines and monitoring own and team budget and time
· Ability to get up to speed quickly on technical and often challenging areas of law and be keen to continue developing legal skills and engage in new areas of work
· A proven ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
· An inclusive and collaborative working style
What we look for
This role is suitable for candidates who have worked in established law firms or in-house legal departments and who are looking to progress their career by being part of a growing team in a global organisation, helping to create a new and successful legal practice. We are looking for highly talented and motivational people, who want to continue to develop themselves and others when they join the firm.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.