The M&A team at EY advises on business reviews, acquisitions, disposals, leveraged transactions, financings, takeovers and mergers. In spite of unprecedented market conditions, the team has had a highly successful year. We are seeking to build on this success and grow the origination and execution capacity of the team through the recruitment of an M&A professional at the Assistant Director level.
As a member of an integrated global network of talented advisers you will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective adviser, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
Your key responsibilities
Working with a Partner or Director, you will be leading the execution of transactions on a day-to-day basis, negotiating with counterparties and their advisers to set and drive the transaction timetable. You will be ensuring quality on all client deliverables, lead the management of the firm's risk and control costs against budget and act as the main contact point for clients during the transaction process. You will also liaise with and advise clients on transaction strategy including tactics, deal structuring and negotiation strategy, providing genuine sector and transaction insight and displaying deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions. As well as this, you will have the opportunity to support new business development and develop deep sector expertise, assuming responsibility for the development of EY’s franchise in those sectors.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong experience in a corporate finance environment, including experience playing a lead role in executing transactions.
· Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight
· Committed to working to tight deadlines, practiced at thinking clearly under pressure and experienced at maintaining team morale during lengthy and challenging transactions
· Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet'. Ability to identify potential deal opportunities
· Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements
· Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate
· Extensive experience in building financial models and valuing businesses within challenging timescales
· Experience in valuing companies using various methodologies, mainly DCF, precedent transactions and traded comparable companies
· Counselling/coaching experience is desirable
· High standard of spoken and written English is a prerequisite
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong organisational and team management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients
· Strong team player
· Ability to work under pressure / tight deadlines
· Ideally, you’ll also have
· High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
· Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
· Lead the development of pitch documents and taking a lead role in client pitches
· Develop your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term
· Provide leadership to junior team members producing Information Memoranda, financial models and other transaction documentation
· Take ownership and responsibility for one or more team functions such as, training, people development, quality, finances etc
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. We are keen to help you develop your career and long-term ambition is something that we love to see in our team. Providing you with the platform to succeed is therefore key to us.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.