This role provides individual counseling, transactional processing and all legally required communications for employees’ Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations and ergonomic requests. These services are provided to a variety of employees, including partners and principals, as part of the responsibilities of the EY Accommodations Team. This position reviews, evaluates and enables the implementation of requests for ADA accommodations for physical and behavioral health conditions. This position responds to all questions about firm benefit guidelines, policies and procedures relating to accommodation and ergonomic requests.
Essential functions of the job:
· Provides assessment, referral and follow-up services to a variety of employees, including partners and principals
· Provides consultation to Talent consultants and leaders
· Directs field ergonomic assessors to resolve equipment requests and follow through to completion, makes process improvement recommendations to the Accommodations Team leader
· Remains current regarding research and leading practices related to accommodations and ergonomics
· Possesses specific knowledge about ergonomic and disability accommodations
· Maintains required documentation regarding ADA accommodations and ergonomic requests
· Monitors requests and follows up on all missing documentation, requests for extensions and other required paperwork
· Responsible for maintaining SharePoint database tracking accommodation and ergonomic approvals and denials
· Identifies file and fact discrepancies and outstanding issues and secures additional documentation, as needed, while administering or tracking ADA accommodations and ergonomic requests within prescribed time frames and service expectations
· Identifies, suggests and implements ongoing process improvements
Analytical and decision-making responsibilities:
· Position requires complete understanding and application of principles and practices of the firm’s ADA accommodation and ergonomic programs
· Decision-making involves constantly variable conditions and nonroutine situations in the areas of ADA accommodations and ergonomics
Knowledge and skills requirements:
· Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with both internal leadership and clients
· Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to ADA accommodations
· Strong teaming skills
· Able to prioritize multiple cases, priorities and projects
· Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and SharePoint database knowledge
· Analytical skills and able to exercise sound judgment, attention to detail and resolve problems
· Strong customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrates maturity working with different levels of employees in a fast-paced environment and able to maintain confidentiality of all employee data
· Receives general supervision and competent to work independently within area
· Follows standard procedures to respond to employee inquiries and reports any outstanding issues to supervisor for further direction
· Bachelor’s degree
· Approximately one to three years related experience in benefits, ADA accommodations or vocational rehabilitation
· Certified rehabilitation counselor and experience with ergonomics preferred
Must be Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act certified to comply with federal privacy rules. This training will be provided upon hire.
Note: This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions, and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
What working at EY offers
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.