Description de l'offre
Date: Aug 30, 2018
Job Title: Media Management Operator (MMO)
Base: Broadcast Centre, White City
Red Bee Media’s clients are the best of the best in the UK and globally and include the BBC, BBC World News, Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTV, ITV and Disney. Our world is broadcast and digital media - the high-value, high-profile live content, world-beating films, shows, trails and graphics which make our clients unique. Our mission is to get them to the biggest audience possible in perfect quality, perfectly on time.
We have of number of opportunities in our Media Services teams.
If you are an experienced media pro or looking to start a career in the media, working at Red Bee allows you to work across the best media client base in the world! If you have what we are looking for, we really do look forward to hearing from you.
Responsible for the day to day acquisition, management and transfer of all media. This includes using broadcast software applications and computer equipment in the media management areas, and handling of content across tape and various file formats.
Media Management Operations is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. MMOs work carefully planned, European Working Time Directive -compliant rota patterns to cover this. Rotas vary from one area to another dependent upon operational needs. Most areas include night-working.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
Responsible to the Media Services Manager for the successful technical completion of these tasks.
· To collate, ingest and manage media required by Playout, Compliance, Access Services, VOD and other clients. Working to schedules or work lists in priority order.
· To log, prep and spot check ingested media to ensure it is ready for playout and the original technical quality of the media is not lost.
· To ensure all associated media (metadata) such as subtitles, separate audio sources and in-vision sign language are correctly ingested onto server.
· To check Outside Source (OS) availability and record live incoming material (e.g. studios or outside broadcasts) to server for later playout.
· To quality check material and report faults where required, according to specific guidelines laid down by clients.
· Under breakdown conditions, to operate all the equipment manually, including loading, cueing and playing programmes and trailers etc live to air from tape or server.
· To repurpose media for other platforms.
· To monitor the ingest process and respond to ingest alarms, checking data and metadata for technical compliance and integrity.
· Check Start and End of each message, and any part information on programmes.
· Monitor transfer of material to TX servers, and to and from the data archive, referring to and manually editing missing list as necessary.
· To spot technical faults and take appropriate action before playout. To constantly monitor the server output for fault conditions and take action, liaising with Line Manager and Engineering staff to correct them promptly.
· To perform simple edits.
· To perform studio and simple outside broadcast pre-transmission technical checks, with engineering back up as required.
· To perform OFCOM compliant technical checks on file and tape delivered media.
· A high level of technical aptitude gained through vocational training or experience of working in an operational area (e.g. local radio, TV, theatre).
· The ability to work on urgent and overlapping tasks under extreme pressure, without supervision and to verbal brief.
· A meticulous attention to detail and the ability to anticipate problems and resolve them speedily is essential.
· A strong level of initiative.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people, remaining calm and professional under pressure.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Media Operator Job Stage 03