Date: Aug 28, 2018
Job summary / description
As a Business Intelligence & Insights Manager, you will be a part of the Performance Management Team in MELA (Market Area Europe & Latin America) DS (Digital Services).
Your focus is analytics, proactivity, service improvement and performance insights. Utilizing the latest toolset, methodologies and analytical principals to improve our business and to truly embed a digital culture in our ways of working.
You will work closely with the all units within Digital Services in MELA and report to the Head of Performance Management.
You are a team player with exceptional problem solving, organization and communication skills. High capacity to learn quickly and to execute accurately. Possess comprehensive knowledge of statistics, data modelling, programming and business intelligence.
In this role you’ll:
· Analyse and synthesize large data sets and reports, to draw key insights as well as identify problems and recommend solutions that are logical and realistic to the organization objectives
· Develop tools and visualisations that improve the insight and analytical capabilities of the business
· Develop automation of current manual reporting and collaborate with other BI Teams to develop and improve our current platforms
· Implement & execute on RPA activities for most critical process in our organization.
Essential skills and experience
· Ability to think strategically about business and use analytical, problem-solving techniques to break down issues
· Ability to use applied business analytic techniques including clustering and segmentation of existing clients and predictive modelling
· Ability to use test and learn processes and statistical techniques to develop and draw actionable insights
· Ability to work with predictive / statistical modelling techniques, segmentation, statistics and operational research (including, but not limited to, logistic regression and decision trees)
· Ability to develop advanced interactive dashboard and reporting using Power BI or Tableau
· Ability to join, manipulate and draw actionable insights from large data sources ideally through a data preparation tool such as: Alteryx, and R, Python or SQL languages
· Ability to work with Microsoft SQL Server databases and applications, and extraction and manipulation of large customer datasets for modelling, using T-SQL or R.
· Clear, articulate, pragmatic and confident written and verbal communication skills in English.
· BA or MA in: Business Administration, Engineering, Economy, Mathematics or Statistics
· 3+ years’ experience in similar roles (with focus on R Programming, Advanced Statistics and Power BI/Tableau)
· Understanding of Digital Services Offerings in Telecom, such as OSS, BSS, is considered a plus.
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
· Internet of Things
· Media Solutions
· Red Bee
· Industry analysts
· Policy makers
· Press center
· Latest News
· About us
· Contact us
· · Find Ericsson offices
Modern Slavery Statement Cookies Legal © Ericsson AB 1994-2018