Description de l'offre
Date: Nov 1, 2018
Broadcast Wireman / Installation Technician:
Red Bee Media specialises in the creation, management, promotion and delivery of digital content across all media, from linear television to web and mobile phones. It is the largest provider of outsourced linear playout services in Europe and is a leading provider of access, EPG, creative and on demand services to a first class client base of broadcasters, channels, telcos, cable companies and other content producers. With its unique proposition combining creative, editorial and technology, Red Bee Media's clients include the BBC, VirginMedia TV, Channel 4 and Five, ESPN, Discovery, ITV, Star News India, VRT in Belgium, M6 in France, Waitrose, Honda and Boots the Chemist.
Red Bee Media has revenues in excess of £130m and over 1400 staff. With operations in London, Paris, Sydney and Asia, Red Bee Media currently sells into 22 countries worldwide and is has plans for further expansion in Europe and Asia.
Please log onto www.redbeemedia.com for further information.
The Installation Technician role works in the Systems Integration capability within Technology Delivery. The post holder will be skilled in the field of broadcast systems installation, associated mechanical works and wiring and will ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Red Bee Technical Standards and best practice.
In addition to the Installation function, the post holder will be required to administer access control to technical areas. This includes working with Red Bee Media Change Management to run Health and Safety induction sessions for people needing to work in technical areas and maintaining the register of inductions. The post holder will also be an administrator for the building access control system. These functions may be shared with other staff in order to cover leave etc.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
Technology Delivery operates a matrix management structure. The Installation Technician role is based in the Systems Integration capability and is supervised by the Project Engineers. However, the Installation Technician will be required to work on projects and Technology Operations activities reporting into the appropriate manager or engineer. The Installation Technician may on occasion be asked to work alongside the Wiremen and Engineers of external suppliers and systems Integrators. The Installation Technician role is line managed by the Systems Integration Manager.
1. To work to drawings and schedules unsupervised as required by the Projects Engineers. Where necessary using professional knowledge and experience in interpreting the information supplied.
2. Prepare equipment racks for, and carry out mechanical installation of equipment, including rack power distribution, according to layout information provided.
3. Accurately and securely connect new cabling to equipment in racks, working from the system drawings.
4. Manufacture finished cables according to wiring schedules supplied when required.
5. Monitor workshop stocks of installation materials and advise when re-ordering is required.
6. Carry out PAT testing on new equipment prior to installation, and collate and compile project asset information.
7. At all times to comply with statutory and company Health and Safety procedures
8. To work in accordance with in the Change Control, Permit to Work and Hot Works procedures
9. To work in such a way as to cause minimal disturbance to existing infrastructure, including work on operational systems in such a way as to avoid unplanned loss of services
10. To take pride in the work in order to achieve a tidy maintainable installation, and work to the highest standards as an example to other people working in technical areas.
11. Build and wire up custom panels to supplied design and carry out mechanical manufacturing activities as necessary
12. Carry out other technical installation activities as requested by the Project Engineer
13. Carry out health and safety induction sessions for working in technical areas as required
14. Work with Red Bee Media Change Management team to ensure effective access control arrangements in place for works.
Experience & Knowledge
1. Experienced hands-on practitioner in broadcast wiring practices and techniques
2. Experienced in wiring and installation in accordance with drawings and schedules
3. Conversant with all relevant Health and Safety regulations
4. Comfortable using standard PC applications and software.
Skills and Behavior
1. Methodical approach
2. Good attention to detail
3. Works well in a team
4. Takes pride in the quality of the work
5. Proficient with standard desktop PC applications.
Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
· Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
· Managing relationships - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
· Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.