Workplace Solutions are recruiting for a Waste Coordinator to be based in Hinkley Point B Power Station, Bridgwater, Somerset TA5 1UD. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of up to £28,500.00 per annum depending on experience.
Working days and hours are:
07:45 to 16:15 Monday to Thursday
07:45 to 13:15 Friday
Workplace Solutions (WPS) is the largest contract partner to EDF at Hinkley B Nuclear Power Station. We deliver a wide range of soft services such as domestic cleaning, industrial cleaning, porterage, waste management and sewer farm management. In additional to routine planned work and preventative maintenance, WPS are regularly engaged to undertake additional helpdesk work and other emergent and site excellence work.
Reporting to the Team Leader (Soft Services), you will be instrumental in delivering planned, helpdesk and other reactive work as well as supporting the delivery of site excellence work.
As the Waste Co-Ordinator your day to day primary responsibilities will be to manage hazardous (non-radioactive) and non-hazardous conventional waste to ensure its compliant treatment and disposal via our contracted waste management partner.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Daily management of conventional waste segregation and storage on site
· Ensuring that there are suitable arrangements in place for managing all waste transfers off site, for recovery, reuse and disposal
· Ensuring that all waste paperwork that accompanies waste removed from site is correctly completed and signed by the SWC or other appropriately SQEP person
· Ensuring that the labelling and paperwork for hazardous waste also classed as Dangerous Goods is duly checked by an authorised
· Dangerous Goods Consignor (DGC) before the waste is removed from site in accordance with EDF specifications and associated forms
· Ensure copies of all waste records sent off site are kept for the required time as specified in the legislation
· Support the site to achieve its sustainability target of zero waste to landfill by 2020
· Discuss waste management issues regularly with the EDF Contract Manager and the EDF Environmental Co-Ordinator and establish monthly meetings to discuss waste management
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Suitably qualified and experienced in soft services and up to date in best practice industrial cleaning and facilities management techniques
· Excellent communication and customer skills
· Good management and organisational skills
· Must be customer focused
· Sound understanding of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance procedures
· Capable of influencing within cross functional teams
· Competent in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Willingness to complete and maintain all site related training requirements Desirable and/or willingness to work towards
· A Level 3 Field Supervisor for Nuclear Power Stations
· Background in waste management operations highly desirable
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. Workplace Solutions do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the Workplace Solutions Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Workplace Solutions Managers.