'Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.
We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow.
250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.'
Engie are recruiting for a Ward Host to be based in Royal Infirmary Edinburgh 51 Little France Crescent Edinburgh EH16 4SA. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week (10:30-18:30 Monday to Friday). On offer is a salary of £8.77 per hour. The role holder will report to the Patient Catering Manager General Overview: • To provide a safe, hygienic, nutritious, and timely food service for patients.
• Assisting in the delivery of a high standard of food service which meets the requirements of food
• hygiene legislation, Company Food Safety Policy and national standards as dictated by the
• governments national plan. To work within established catering routines using own initiative as appropriate in the provision of the Cook Freeze Catering Service to patients and the use of raw ingredients.
• Anything pertaining to wards relates to Ward host/hostess and pick and pack employees.
• Ward host/hostess would be expected to do basic food prep if required to go down to the main kitchen
• (pick/pack area)
• Maintaining safe systems of work
• Maintaining high standards of personal and general food hygiene as well as high standards of cleanliness in all work areas
• Receipt and storage of all meals
• Receipt and storage of supplies
• Notify supervisors immediately of any concerns regarding quantities or quality issues of food or food products
• Reading of patient’s menu cards including collection from wards when required
• Plating of meals in ward area
• Conveyance of food trolleys to dispatch and receiving points, conveyance of tray trolleys to dispatch and receiving points
• Use of dishwasher within the regeneration kitchen
• Preparation of patient trays
• Ensure Regeneration Kitchens are adequately stocked and records of requisitions are completed
• Service of meals and beverages for patients ensuring portion control
• Ward hosts would be expected to do basic food prep when in pick and pack along with minimal cleaning duties
• Minimising food waste wherever possible
• Recording of waste food
• Advising supervisors of any changes to orders
• Record keeping including HACCP records
• Taking and recording of food temperatures and seeking further instruction where these are outside of critical limits.
• To assist in the preparation of basic food and simple cooking as required
• Take fridge and freezer temperatures twice a day, also temperatures from reheated and hot holding dishes and record readings on appropriate forms. Using written standards make initial decisions about the acceptability of the readings.
• Cleaning and wash up of all equipment, machinery, crockery and cutlery associated with the service
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
•Must have catering experience
•Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
•Quality System Knowledge
•Lifting & handling
•Health & safety
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
•All convictions both current and past,
•Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
•Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
•Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
•Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.