ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Trainee Applications Officer to be based in North Tyneside Council, Quadrant, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY.
This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours a week Monday – Saturday 8.30am to 5.00pm (Occasional Saturdays will be as and when required) and on offer will be a salary of £17,062 to £24,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience. This role will report into the Applications Team Leader.
This role will ultimately provide second and third line implementation, maintenance and application and interface support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's applications and all of the application interfaces which deliver the end-to-end business process.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Works closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs and undertakes problem management
· Proactively identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
· Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
· Contributes to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implements planned updates
· Plans application support activities
· Implements, configures, supports applications during the hours required by the Business ensuring application availability, performance, reliability, maintainability, serviceability and capacity are provided in line with agreed service level agreements:
· Provides 2nd and 3rd line application support resolving all incidents and requests in line with SLA’s and under taking problem managing working closely with Service Management and Infrastructure Support
· Implements service continuity / disaster recovery, capacity management, configuration and asset management, data protection and IT security
· Ensures all applications adhere to security policies and appropriate escalation processes are in place for all applications
· Documents all applications and integration components for support purposes in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and adheres to any applicable configuration management procedures
· Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly
· Supports the planning and delivers patches, maintenance releases and all major product enhancement releases to applications and integration components:
· Works with internal and external supplier relationships to ensure new fixes and maintenance releases are delivered in a timely fashion
· Introduces, promotes and encourages enterprise and innovation throughout the team, in looking for new answers and delivery of a fresh approach
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· Applications running with an Oracle RDBMS
· Applications running with an SQL server database
· SQL / SQLPlus
· Understanding the architecture of client-server built applications.
· Development of Reports using Oracle Reports 10.
· Development of Unix Shell Scripts and using Unix commands.
· Database management tools like MS SQL Server Management Studio and Toad.
· Database and Microsoft Windows task scheduling
· Ability to develop practical solutions to user and system requirements.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Able to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules.
· Positive customer service skills and friendly, flexible manner.
· Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non technical staff.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
· Completed Higher Education in ICT related area.
· Foundation Certificate in ITIL Service Management
· Knowledge of Public sector
· Evidence of a successful track record in a support and development role.
· Evidence of involvement and positive contribution to ICT projects.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.