ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Technical IT Service Desk Analyst to be based at Q3, Quorum Business Park, Newcastle, NE12 8EX. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £19,075 - £20,750, dependent upon skills and experience and benefits package.
The Technical IT Service Desk Analyst is required to support the IT Service Desk Team Leader in providing an efficient, cost effective and customer focused IT Service Desk which provides a single point of contact for all users of IT through the logging and management of all incidents and service requests.
· Provision of first line support, including but not limited to triage and appropriate troubleshooting, correct incident categorisation and resolution where possible.
· Utilise diagnostic utilities to aid with troubleshooting to achieve first time resolution.
· Communicates incident resolution or request fulfilment to the user.
· Ensure that priority setting, and escalation procedures are applied effectively and that all complaints are responsibly and professionally resolved.
· Provision of effective Incident Management, working closely with resolver groups to undertake effective Problem Management.
· Perform remote / onsite desktop support, including installing and upgrading of software and hardware components.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Qualification in the field of Information Technology and / or 2 years equivalent work experience.
· A good technical background with knowledge of common software packages and a broad understanding of IT Infrastructures.
· Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Dell, HP, Cisco.
· Experience of desktop operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7/10.
· Good knowledge of a leading IT Service Management Tool.
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
· Knowledge of ITIL processes – particularly Incident Management, Problem Management and Request Fulfilment.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 21, 2019