ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Site Assistant to work at the Arthur Terry School, Kittoe Road, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham B74 4RZ . This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract (until April 2019) working 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday plus occasional Saturdays. The role involves working shifts on rota, as follows:
06:00-14:00; 08:00-16:00 and 11:00-19:00 hours
On offer is a salary of £19,500 per annum.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the Site Assistant is responsible for providing a flexible, efficient repair and maintenance service, carrying out duties which encompass semi-skilled engineering work; locking/unlocking school buildings; general portering and cleaning duties.
Specific Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Completing all administrative functions correctly and efficiently, either via paper log books or appropriate IT software (e.g. CAFM system)
To become fully conversant with all Company and site procedures and carry out all responsibilities accordingly
Undertake a wide range of general care-taking duties, including unsupervised routine and non-routine maintenance and minor repair work
Undertake general cleaning duties for a wide range of education sites
Liaising with Help Desk via smartphone, to facilitate response to Faults
Assisting in testing of fire alarm systems
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Previous experience of working within a Facilities Management role/environment
· Time-served craftsperson with recognised mechanical qualifications
· Good communication skills - both written and oral
· Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (BMS)
· Willingness to undertake training relevant to the role
· Willingness to work shifts and occasional Saturdays
· Enhanced DBS
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
• All convictions both current and past,
• Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the police national computer for England and Wales,
• Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
• Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
• Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Sep 16, 2019