About the Role
Based in Canary Wharf, London, the GEM UK team provides trading services for several internal and external clients in the UK. We provide a range of optimisation, hedging, market operations and analytics services for these clients and the 24/7 shift trading team play a vital role in delivering these services.
The shift trading team is seeking motivated individuals with specific proven capability and knowledge of the trading and operational landscape in GB Energy markets gained in any of the following areas:
· Short term power and/or gas operations;
· Short term power and/or gas optimisation;
· System and/or market analysis;
· Regulatory analysis and development;
· Power/Gas system management; or,
· Power station control room operations.
The shift trader will :
· Optimise assets in short term markets;
· Identify and drive implementation of value adding strategies in short term;
· Interface with clients, control rooms and other key stakeholders regularly;
· Be flexible, working as part of a 24/7 shift team in London, at times alone;
· Accurately undertake operational tasks and procedures
· Pursue continuous improvement of processes and systems
· Work in line with regulatory and policy requirements;
This role will enable the successful candidate to further their career in energy and in particular the unique opportunity to become involved with the optimisation of the UK’s largest pumped hydro facility, First Hydro.
This is a permanent position which offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a great work life balance.
Numerate, commercially-driven and educated to degree level, the successful candidate will exhibit the following skills:
· Demonstrated numerate capability;
· Clear written and verbal communication, fluent in English;
· Ability and confidence to take ownership of issues, managing to resolution; and,
· Decisive in the face of incomplete information.
Candidates that additionally hold proven coding skills will be considered favourably.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.