Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of the global business units of ENGIE. Its mission is to ensure the competitiveness of the group’s business units and develop its own franchise trough a comprehensive range of services related to Trading and energy management.
The UK Business platform within BU GEM aims at developing GEM’s activities in the UK & Irish markets. It is organized as a full-fledged platform with its own front officers and support functions, working hand-in-hand with expertise centers and other business platforms spread across geographies, in order to deploy locally the global know-how and tools of the BU.
The position is normally based in London, Canary Wharf (note: depending on the context, the Middle-Office Controller could be asked to work from home)
The Middle office controller main mission is to follow locally on daily basis the business transactions and the economic results related to the overall activities in GEM UK:
· Management & Monitoring of GEM UK Book Structure
· Controlling of observable Market parameters “e.g. Power UK forward curve”
· Understanding of the economic results of the trading & energy management activities carried out in the UK, by liaising with front office, risk & other support functions
· Contributing on issuing risk reporting and supporting Senior Risk analysts in explaining risk indicators variation
· Participation to end of Month closings in a joint effort with Risk & Finance teams
As Middle office controller of GEM UK, you are in charge of:
Deals Controlling: Adequacy & Compliance checks
· Overall Management of the Front Office book structure.
· Control that new trades (OTC and exchanges) are consistent with the setup rules of the Book Structure “e.g. value trading segregation vs client flow, Risk increasing vs Risk decreasing books…”
· Production of the daily economic P&L, ensuring its consistency and Integrity
· Check that the expected Daily P&L has been entered by FO and communicated to EC Finops’ central teams in Paris/Brussels.
· Analysis of the Mark to Market valuations of the Front Office transactions and Ensure P&L validation FO/Risk.
· Raise alerts to trading supervision team for any unexpected or unusual P&L above defined thresholds
Market Data controlling
· In case of need of new data (new underlying, maturities, fixing), liaise with Risk to check them and assist IT Meteor to retrieve/implement them.
· Control Gas & Power UK fixing and vanilla forward curves on a daily basis to ensure a correct valuation at month end and possibly volatility curves
Assisting Fin&Ops & Risk team for any request linked to valuation or P&L explanation, and participating/assisting Risk team in the Mont-End provision calculation.
· Build/produce provision reports for management/control purpose with collaboration of Risk team both in UK and Europe
· Assisting Market/Credit risk team in managing 3 rd party reporting according to the TSAs in place (e.g. Trade reconciliation with TSA/ responding to TSA queries/Limit monitoing…)
· Master I/II in Business, Finance, Economics, Science.
· Between 57-year experience in trade controls “back office” within trading/Energy management environment or Middle office/Risk roles; financial mathematics background would be appreciated.
· Client focused and willing to have extensive interactions with Sales, Trading, Market Risk, Finance.
· Have an interest and/or an experience in Energy Markets (Trading Environment appreciated).
· Innovative, knowledge of OTC &Cleared Derivative and Transaction Cycle.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Fluent in English (spoken and written).
· Strong knowledge of MS Office & information systems. A very good knowledge of VBA or other coding language (Python, C#, …) would be appreciated.
· Posting Date: Nov 27, 2020