ENGIE are recruiting for 4
Relief Security Officers to be based at Northern Batch - Salford / Tameside M6 8HD . These are permanent full time role working 12 hour shifts 07:00 - 19:00 and 19:00 - 07:00 (Days / Nights / Weekends) . On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role of the security Officers is to provide a high quality and effective Security Service tailored to meet the needs of the individuals who use or work at Northern Batch Hospitals and delivered by well-trained and motivated staff.
Provide a security service that is in accordance to the agreed security FM service specification. Reporting directly to the Security Supervisor .
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Provide a security service provision for all the key stakeholders of Northern Batch Hospitals as per the FM service specification.
· Security and protection of all Trust staff, visitors and patients.
· Familiarise and adhere to the Assignment Instructions at all times
· Familiarise and adhere to the Local Operating Procedures at all times
· Carry out the appropriate locking and unlocking procedures on buildings.
· Regularly patrol the hospital site as a deterrent against theft or vandalism using the electronic checkpoints and report to the Trust in accordance.
· Check all buildings out of hours to ensure that they are fully secured
· Provide security patient/staff and visitor escorts upon request.
· Respond to any requests for assistance with violent and aggressive situations
· Respond to any Burglar alarm activation on the Northern Batch Hospitals sites
· Instigate Police response and Alarm Engineer to off-site burglar alarms
· Respond to all Fire alarm activation
· Safe release of passengers stuck in a lift, due to lift break-down
· Escort Ward Staff for retrieval of patients notes, out of hours.
· Retrieval and disposal of used needles
· Undertake any other duties relating to security which may be requested by the Security Manager
· Management of Lost & Found Property, record and provide a safe custody of all Lost and Found Property.
· To provide cover for colleagues as directed by your manager.
· Carry out physical and clinical restraints when necessary to protect the users of Salford Hospital
· Keep an accurate notebook of daily duties
· Prioritise multiple tasks
· Compile incident reports
· Assess volatile situations accordingly and have the expertise to deal with the situation
· Deal with emotional and distressing situations
· Deal with personnel who suffer from mental illness
· Deal with personnel who are unkempt and dirty
· Able to work externally in all weather conditions
· Carry out surveillance and monitoring of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
· Monitor the secondary fire alarm
· Control and issue of keys
· Reporting of site faults to the Trust maintenance and ENGIE maintenance
· Instigate call-out procedure in the event of a Major Incident
· Input all incidents accurately onto a database
· Input and report all reported crimes and deal with appropriately
· Liaise with Police investigations into any criminal offence committed within the Hospital grounds, and off site clinics and premises
· Input all tasks and duties onto the Daily Report log sheets
· Issue of Identification badges in accordance with Trust policy
· Monitor the car park entry and exit barriers between 17:00hrs and 0800hrs every day. Liaise with any member of the staff or the public who is having difficulty negotiating the barriers, provide simple advice on the operation of the ticketing and barrier systems and, where necessary, release the barriers allowing egress.
· Report any identified defects in the operation of the ticketing or barrier systems to the Trust Car Parking Service at the start of the next working day” For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Successfully complete the Physical Intervention training and annual two-day update training. This training is mandatory and failure to achieve the required standard would result in dismissal.
· A full valid SIA licence
· A full valid CCTV licence
· Competent in the use of two-way radio system
· Good verbal communication skills
· Good written communication skills
· Good knowledge of the Hospital environment
· Provide information to Visitors, Patients and staff at Salford Hospital
· Competent in the use of the telephone
· Computer literate
· Competent in the use of CCTV systems
· Comply with Data Protection
· Competent in the use of the door access systems
· Familiar with response procedure for Alarm monitoring systems
· Respond to fire alarm activation, ensuring site access is clear
· Competent in fire alarm panel re-setting procedure
· Competent in reprogramming of alarms
· Competent in response procedure for Boiler house alarms
· Good knowledge of the geography of Salford Hospital
This role requires an enhanced disclosure
An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions both current and past,
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
· Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for. For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.