Who we are:
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE’s Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
The FinOp’s department is a Business Control and Middle Office organization within GEM.
The team MO Market Access performs a job of Support Function to Market Access Business Platform and to other BPs in the analysis of their trading and origination trades. The Market Access Platform is composed of both Market Making activity (interaction with Sales for the client portfolio) and Internal Risk Management activity (hedging of the positions taken by other BPs on energy commodities markets).
Middle Office Market Access is involved in the production of the economical result of GEM, valorization of positions and preparing reports. The calculation is based on the operations realized by Traders on the markets. We ensure its consistency through analysis of exposures and market parameters evolution.
The perimeter includes vanilla and complex operations on Oil, Gas, Power and Emissions products. You will thus acquire strong experience on a large and diversified portfolio of products.
Middle Office Market Access is also integrated in the whole FinOp’s teams’ processes, such as monthly closings.
There is a strong interaction with Front Office and Finance teams based in Europe, US and Singapore.
You will be asked to be able to compute P&L values, to challenge results, and produce more in-depth analysis on specific strategies when needed by Traders. A strong ability to perform analysis is appreciated.
Because of the close collaboration between Front Office and other Support Functions teams (such as Back Office, other Finance teams or Market Risks), a strong ability to liaise with other people is asked.
Main part of the job is done in English.
· Production of the daily economic P&L, ensuring its consistency and Integrity, mainly on Gas, Oil and Power perimeters.
· Analysis of the Mark to Market valuations of the Front Office transactions.
· Controls and explanation of the P&L through risk indicators: Greeks explanations, MtM valuation, market parameters evolution, commodities exposures.
· Analysis and explanation of the trader’s (and sales) performance, through reports based on specific indicators (PnL, Value created at inception, volume traded).
· Analysis of a strategy or client’s profitability.
· Providing operational support to Front Office.
· Performing ad-hoc requests from Front Office or Management.
· Participation to end of Month closings and specific controls.
· Management of the Front Office book structure.
Courbevoie, ENGIE T1
Education and professional background:
· You graduated in Finance or Economics (Business School, Engineer School or University).
· You have a first experience in a similar activity (Back Office, Middle Office, Sales, trading assistant) and have an interest in commodities markets operations.
· You can work in English.
· VBA/Python skills would be appreciated.
· You are rigorous, fast learner, curious and team spirit.
· You can establish strong collaboration with various stakeholders.
· Posting Date: Aug 7, 2020