ENGIE are recruiting for a Plasterer/Multi Skilled to be based in Birmingham, B44 0AY with travel around sites in the East or West Midlands. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week on a regular working pattern which will be agreed with the manager between 08:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 - 13:00 Saturday. There is an expectation to join the out of hours rota and this will be rewarded by payment in addition to the salary.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, facilities management and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We work alongside government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector as a strategic partner for developing more sustainable, efficient and vibrant communities.
Purpose of the Role:
Carry out repairs, maintenance and major refurbishment work to the homes and properties repaired and maintained by the Company in a multi-skilled environment whilst achieving high standards of customer care and satisfaction.
· Carry out all types of repairs, maintenance and refurbishment work in a multi-skilled environment allied to the Plastering trade discipline.
· Completion of repairs, maintenance and refurbishment in other trade disciplines where deemed competent to complete these.
· Attend repairs, maintenance and refurbishment appointments on time and complete works on the first occasion, in one visit and within target times.
· Responsibility for the safe use and condition of the Company’s tools equipment and fleet vehicles.
· As and when required, diagnose necessary remedial works, make appointments/arrangements and organise materials required.
· Minimise disruption, mess and dust to the customers home and possessions and leave in a clean and tidy condition using cleaning materials and equipment as necessary.
· Removal or make arrangements for the removal of waste/debris on a daily basis and upon the completion of any works.
· To take part where appropriate in the Company’s out of hours emergency repairs and maintenance rota.
· To mentor and assist trainees, apprentices and other employees as and when required.
· To ensure that Plastering works to properties are completed to a high standard and finished in accordance with the client’s specification and requirements.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.co.uk/
What we are looking for:
Skills and Experince
· Excellent organisational skills
· Appropriate level of experience within building construction and repairs and maintenance
· Dealing with the public and outside agencies
· Demonstrate experience in diagnosis of Plastering and general building issues
· Ability to utilise Information Technology and Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s)
· Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
· Good understanding and appreciation of effective customer care
· Good standard of record keeping and administration
· City and Guilds (Plastering) or equivalent experience
· Time served apprenticeship (Desirable)
· Current valid driving license
Why work for us?
At ENGIE, we are passionate about improving the lives of the communities that we serve so they can continue to thrive and grow. From homes to hospitals, schools to municipal buildings - our broad set of skills provides a unique offer that will make a real difference.
Our services include:
· Facilities management
· Business services
· Energy supply and efficiency
· Energy infrastructure
· Property services and maintenance
· Estate regeneration, including refurbishment
· Regenerating and maintaining community and public facilities
· Affordable homes and homes for older people
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 150,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €66.6 billion in 2016.
We offer you:
· Competitive rates of pay – We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
· Special offers for staff – We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
· Trust – We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
· Recognition – We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
· Development – we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.