ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Handyperson to be based in Birmingham, B37 7YE. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £21,000 - £24,000 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience.
The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9:00am until 5:00pm.
In the role of the mobile handyperson, you will report to the site responsible person at 09:00 every Monday to be allocated any ad hoc maintenance tasks that have arisen during the week. You will carry out a general check of the building daily to ensure all lighting, general fabric and general plumbing needs of the building are in good order.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Painting and fabric repairs
· Assistance with planned maintenance tasks
· Hanging or re-hanging doors.
· Assembling, moving or repairing furniture.
· Replacing door and drawer handles.
· Putting up shelves, mirrors, pictures, curtain poles and blinds.
· Changing door locks and door furniture.
· Fitting security locks to windows and doors.
· Tiling floors and walls.
· Replacing toilet seats
· Attending to leaking or blocked toilets
· Putting up new washroom dispensers
· Changing light switches, sockets and light fittings.
· General external repairs / maintenance
· Liaison with ENGIE specialist contractors where specialist skill sets are required
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Previous experience as a Handyperson in an office and manufacturing environment - essential
· Excellent Health & Safety awareness
· Health & Safety qualification would be an advantage For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.