ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Electrical Engineer to be based at Avondale House, Bellshill, ML4 3NJ. This is a permanent, full-time role working 36 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £35,000 - £40,400, dependent upon skills and experience, shift allowance and high quality benefits package.
Supported by a strong operational team, the focus is developing, maintaining and improving the SCADA / PLC controls systems for the Newcastle Helix and Edinburgh St James Energy Network Schemes.
· Carry out the defined planned maintenance regime for all contractual obligations within the energy centers and the network substations.
· Carry out HV related activities including switching and isolations
· Carry out repairs, reactive maintenance and minor installation works on plant.
· Attend, diagnose and repair faults having due regard to customer care in this specific environment.
· Carry out proactive plant monitoring activities to ensure efficient utilization of plant and equipment
· Interrogation of operational information systems to support daily operations as well as fault diagnosis
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Qualified HV Authorised Electrician
· 17th Edition essential 2391 preferred
· Fault-finding and practical skills
· Experience in boiler plant and associated equipment
· Very strong Excel and IT skills
· Driving License essential
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Sep 13, 2019