ENGIE are recruiting for a Mechanical Shift Engineer to be based at BMW MINI Manufacturing Plant, Cowley. Oxford. OX4 6NL. This is a permanent full time role working 38.5 hours per week, Rotational shift pattern. 4 x 12 hour Day shifts on / 4 days off / 4 x 12 hour Night shifts on. On offer is a salary banding of £32,000 - £34,000, dependent upon skills and experience,
The Mechanical Shift Engineers role is a key and critical role as part of the shift team responsible for maintaining the operational and commercial delivery criteria to the Customer. Managing workloads will be critical to success as will the regular analysis of reactive breakdowns to ensure route causes are identified and eliminated to successfully achieve KPI’s. Working to a high standard of Building Maintenance on site. We require a fully reliable Time Served Mechanical Engineer who can work on their own initiative or within a team environment. Produce high quality reports of their findings along with estimates and sourcing of parts as required. Being the face of Engie so a smart appearance and being able to discuss findings with others is required. Reporting to the Contract Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To carry out all PPM and reactive repairs as necessary.
· Responsible for minor installations and maintenance of site mechanical & plumbing systems including Pressure, Water and Gas
· Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic electrical fault finding.
· Complete the relevant paperwork and report diligently.
· Responsible for all record keeping, control of sub-contractors and raising and issuing of safety documentation as required.
· Ability to work in a customer focused environment where quality and image is very important.
· Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated.
· Ensure that any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Engineering Supervisor/Manager.
· Ensure all record keeping functions are completed on a daily basis or as required.
· Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards of workmanship and safety.
· Understanding of company procedures.
· Understanding of escalation procedures.
· RAMS & Permit to Work
· To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
The guide below is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.
· Building management system.
· Control systems.
· Air conditioning systems, VAV, VRV and FCUs.
· Chillers – wet and dry systems.
· Air Handling Units & Thermal Wheels.
· Heating systems.
· Generators and controls.
· Single phase and three phase systems, motors, etc.
· LV Systems.
· Fire and life safety systems. (Recording and Testing)
· Plumbing and Sanitary ware.
· Water Treatment.
· Fuel delivery systems.
· General Handyman duties. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· A recognised industry Mechanical qualification will be required, and previous experience is essential.
· Plumbing & Pipework
· Gas Safe Qualified (not essential but an advantage)
· Pressure Systems (not essential but an advantage)
· IPAF 3a & 3b
· Health & Safety Awareness
· Legionella Awareness
· Proficient in use of IT software Word/Excel etc.
· LV Electrical systems
· Confined Space (not essential but an advantage)
· Fuel Delivery System Qualification (Not Essential)
· Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (not essential but an advantage) For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.