Engie has an exciting opportunity for a legal counsel to be based at No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road Leeds LS12 1BE. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The Successful candidate will be required to support the Northern and Scottish regions of its Healthcare and Education sector which provides facilities management and energy services to schools and healthcare establishments in those regions. You will be required to provide timely and commercial legal advice, to assist in the negotiation and drafting of commercial and contractual matters such as tenders, variations and ongoing contractual matters and to deal with risk management and compliance for this sector. Reports directly to Head of Legal (P&C)
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Main responsibility for legal support on a broad range of complex commercial PFI/project arrangements both new bids, projects and ongoing matters such as variations;
· Providing commercial legal advice;
· Assisting in the governance of transactions at local and group level;
· Working closely with colleagues including throughout the Group and with customers and funders;
· Management of external legal resource on particular projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good knowledge of relevant areas of law including PFI, corporate, FM outsourcing, construction, contracts, intellectual property, employment, data protection and bribery and corruption.
· Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills.
· Ability to deal with risk management, governance and compliance.
· Ability to manage a sizeable workload in a fast paced environment.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the region as required.
· Comfortable with stakeholder management but also able to work with colleagues at all levels of the business. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· UK (or common law equivalent) qualified solicitor or barrister with substansive years of PQE (although other levels would be considered if the candidate is able to demonstrate the required experience and skills).
· Experience of complex project arrangements
· Experience in leading on complex transactions
· Previous in-house experience is desirable For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.