Dream up your idea of the future with ENGIE.
You are the energy the world needs.We are looking for thousands of talented individuals from around the world to create energy that respects the environment and that everyone can access. Discover from today exciting and collaborative jobs that contribute for the towns and the world of tomorrow. 250 occupations are waiting for you at ENGIE, world leader in energy.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Joiner (Blackburn & Lancashire Schools Project) to be based at Blackburn / Lancashire Schools, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 3HJ. This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week. Hours of work are 08:00-17:00, Monday to Friday. This role will also involve working as part of an on-call rota. On offer is a competitive salary and a Company vehicle will be provided for business use.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, the Joiner will work as part of a maintenance team, delivering a service to 11 schools across Lancashire and Blackburn. The role of Joiner is a central part of the team providing Technical Facilities Management services to the schools, in line with the Facilities Management contract.
Specific Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Carry out building maintenance as required.
· Provide technical solutions for PPM work and fault rectification.
· Undertake fault-finding and diagnosis, problem-solve and communicate technical knowledge to others.
· Be fully conversant and provide detailed knowledge of plant status, building conditions, and services availability.
· Energy Management across the project.
· Undertake CP/RP duties in specialist field.
· React to technical issues and support the team when required.
· To maintain planned and reactive schedules.
· View BMS PC Information where necessary.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with existing customers/client.
· Provide out of hours cover in accordance with roster.
· Be responsible for ordering of specialist materials in line with company/ office policy.
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on building fabric, in accordance with the PPM programme, responding in a timely manner to any breakdown requests.
· Undertake installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
· Safely operate all types of hand and power tools, in accordance with Health & Safety and manufacturers' guidelines.
· Ensure correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to Health & Safety / infection control procedures.
· Maintain records as appropriate.
· Ensure there is minimum disruption to the schools whilst carrying out work.
· Respond in a safe manner to the effects of bad weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds, etc.
· Undertake training where necessary, to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
· Collaborate and co-operate with partners and colleagues, to deliver a customer-focused service.
· Participate in Standby Operatives' on-call rota.
· Liaise with and undertake duties at other ENGIE projects, as directed.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
· Recognised accreditation certificate in Joinery
· Sufficient experience in the construction / building industry / joinery profession
· A recognised apprenticeship in Joinery
· Previous experience of working in an FM maintenance environment (ideally education environment)
· Previous experience of working on Fire door maintenance
· Willingness to participate in an on-call rota
· Flexibility to work out-of-hours overtime
· Enhanced DBS clearance is essential
· A proven track record of practical maintenance skills and fault-finding
· A good understanding of services within a building such as boilers/ pressure systems
· Sound knowledge of Health and Safety and Zero Harm
· Ability to follow site and company policies and procedures
· Experience in working in school/PFI environment
· Full UK driving licence (Company vehicle will be provided for business use).
This role requires an Enhanced Disclosure. An Enhanced Disclosure contains the following information:
· All convictions, both current and past;
· Cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the Police National Computer for England and Wales;
· Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included.
· Checks against the Children's and Vulnerable Adults' Barring List;
· Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.