ENGIE are recruiting for an IT Operations Centre Analyst to be based at Q16, Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 8EX. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. Complex work pattern - Mon - Fri 06:00 - 22:00 Sat 07:00 - 12:00. On offer is a competitive salary and shift allowance.
The IT Operations Centre (ITOC) is a new Function within ENGIE UK and is part of the IT Infrastructure and Operations Team. The ITOC are responsible for day to day monitoring of ENGIE UK’s Lan/Wan and server infrastructure as well as managing and owning the process of patching to the Lan/Wan and Server Infrastructure in accordance with policies and procedures that ENGIE UK adhere to.
· Ensure that ENGIE UK IT Services are being proactively & re-actively monitored
· Server/Lan/Wan patching within the defined patching windows
· Ensure scheduled review of Back-Up logs, taking the necessary steps to address failures
· Escalate and manage incidents to ensure quickest service restoration time
· Manage 3rd party Providers and ensure any downtime/outages follow ENIGE Policies and Procedures
· Ensure a series of defined proactive daily checks are undertaken with appropriate action taken when required
· Ensuring correct escalation of incidents to the appropriate 3rd party provider or internal resolver group
· Prepare to work a shift pattern that covers 06:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday, Saturday 07:00 to 12:00
· Encourage knowledge sharing and participation within the team to ensure the team deliver an excellent customer experience
· Ensure that IT Operations Centre work areas such as build areas are kept tidy
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role, ideally 3-5 years
· ITIL certification – ‘ITIL Foundation’ minimum
· Network & Security qualifications
· Microsoft Server Qualifications (MCSA)
· Any additional IT certification or vendor certification is a plus e.g. CCNA (Cisco Networks)
· 2+ years of experience working with data centre technology within a large corporate environment with an emphasis on Network and Service Operations Centres (NOC / SOC)
· Managing and supporting network and server infrastructures
· Use and configuration of patching technology and best practice (Including SCCM, WSUS)
· Use and configuration of monitoring technology and best practice (Including SolarWinds, LAN Sweeper)
· Working with ITIL methodology
· Experience in IT Service Desk environment with monitoring (desirable)
· Involvement with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Oct 31, 2019