ENGIE is a leading service business in the UK across public, private and healthcare sectors. We have always been committed to one mission: to develop innovative solutions that improve the efficiency of cities, buildings, industry and infrastructure across the UK.
Do you think that you have the energy to succeed at ENGIE?
Joining ENGIE could be the start of a rewarding journey with Europe's largest FM & Energy Services business & a Global leader in Energy. Whether your background is Technical, FM, Energy or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. If you are a motivated, customer focused individual and want to take your career to the next level then we want to hear from you.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Housing Renewal Officer to be based in New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB.
This is a fixed term role for 2 years working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (some occasional out of hours work may be required) on offer will be a salary of £24,000 to £28,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience. This role will report into the Improvement Service – Lead Officer.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Undertake inspections and surveys to determine the actions required to safeguard and risk assess all private sector housing stock, vacant, tenanted and owner-occupied properties with regard to all statutory provisions;
· Identify and undertake inspections of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO), using all relevant housing legislation available, to identify disrepair, fire safety and sub-letting. Prepare the appropriate notices and license documentation in accordance with housing legislation
· Completing a risk assessment under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System;
· To carry out complex negotiations and liaise with owner-occupiers, landlords and tenants to ensure that properties are brought up to standard and encourage good housing management practices and good tenant like behaviour.
· Prepare a schedule or works for a landlord to ensure the property is free from hazards and bring the property up to statutory and council standards
· Work with the landlord to remove hazards present in the property;
· Where appropriate; preparation and service of a formal notice, taking enforcement action to ensure the landlord complied with legislation;
· Where appropriate; preparing a case for prosecution in a court of law. This task could include taking witness statements and carrying out interviews under caution;
· Play an active part tackling Rogue Landlords within the borough
· Attending traveller sites’ and undertaking the statutory welfare checks. Serving of the statutory notices as required.
· Inspect residential/holiday caravan parks to ensure compliance with legislation and model standards including preparation and issuing caravan site license.
· Offer advice and information on housing related issues to owner-occupiers, tenants, landlords and members of the public to actively encourage good landlord/tenant relations and responsible home ownership.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· The post holder is required to have a minimum/equivalent A-C pass in English and Mathematics.
· It is essential the post holder has previous housing enforcement experience and can competently assess building defects, complete a schedule of repairs and complete a Housing Health and Safety Rating System risk assessment.
· The applicant must have experience serving statutory notices and compiling a case for prosecution in all manner of housing legislation.
· Be able to source/interrogate intelligence and use these to build a robust enforcement case.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.