ENGIE are seeking to recruit Roadworkers to join the highway maintenance team based at Doughty Road, Grimsby. The individuals will work as part of a small team to deliver works as directed which will include repairs to footways and roads throughout North East Lincolnshire. The work is varied and will include slabbing, concreting, laying asphalt, and repairs to fences, signs and signs. The post holder will also be required to take part in the out of hours emergency response rota as required.
The postholder will be flexible and enthusiastic and hold a current driving licence. It would be preferable to have some experience of general construction activities and the use of small plant and equipment (vibrating plates, masonry saws, breakers). The right candidate will be given the scope and opportunity to develop through a programme of training.
For more information, please see the job description or contact Steve Whittles on 01472 325788
To apply, either submit your CV on the ENGIE job site https://jobs.engie.com/
These are permanent, full time roles working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, and on offer will be a salary of £18,000 to £20,000 per annum, dependant on skills and experience. Both roles will also be part of an on-call rota every 10th week, with an additional £106 per month and will report into the Highway Supervisor.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
· Erection and removal of traffic management in accordance with the Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice and Sector Scheme 12d.
· The safe operation of powered plant and equipment, subject to license, training and competency, such as compaction equipment, portable traffic lights, masonry cutters, floor saws, ground breaking equipment or powered barrows, pedestrian operated rollers, snow ploughs and all ancillary equipment and tools appropriate to highway operations,
· Driving of specialist vehicles and equipment, subject to license, training and competency, including tippers, winter service vehicles and waste transfer vehicles, including the towing of trailers and the safe operation of ancillary equipment such as hook lifts, lifting arms and snow plough attachments.
· Driving of specialist ride on plant, subject to license, training and competency, including double drum roller, pedestrian roller, dumper, mini digger, tele-handler, forklift truck.
· Mixing, application, laying, levelling, spreading, compaction, removal of rocks, soils, bituminous materials, cement or water bound materials.
· Application and removal of bituminous materials, paints, plastics, resins, sealants.
· Laying of precast concrete kerbs, slabs, concrete block or sett paving.
· Erection, cleaning, fixing, dismantling of posts, non-illuminated signs, guard rails, and street furniture operations appropriate thereto.
· Drain laying, jointing of pipes and connections to existing sewers, construction of chambers and catchpits, road gullies, including trench timbering and shoring where appropriate.
· Accurate completion of records including time sheets, daily work records, vehicle inspection sheets, drivers hours records.
· Be available for emergency attendance and standby, subject to license, training and competency, including civil emergencies, flooding, road traffic accidents, damage to the public highway and winter service.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications and experience required:
· Applicants should preferably hold a City and Guilds Streetworks Accreditation or be trained to Chapter 8 traffic signing and guarding although training will be provided to suitable applicants.
· Applicants should preferably hold Driver CPC Qualification and have experience of driving 7.5 tonne goods vehicles..
· Applicants should preferably be able to demonstrate a level of competency in construction type activities although training will be provided to suitable applicants.
· Applicants should have a knowledge and experience of construction methods, specialist maintenance treatments, materials and equipment.
· Applicants must be able to work methodically and systematically and maintain accurate records.
· Applicants must be self motivated and be able to work unsupervised.
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.