ENGIE are recruiting for a Graduate Design Engineer to be based in London E15 2GP. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. standard office (9am-5pm). On offer is a competitive salary.
A Graduate Design Engineer is sought to join the Design Team of ENGIE Urban Energy. The team undertakes the design of district heating and cooling networks throughout the UK. The team has the capability to design energy centres, pre-insulated buried piping networks and plant room heat exchanger assemblies.
The entry level graduate position is characterised by the ownership of projects to develop district networks. The projects involve the design of plant room equipment, the design of buried piping and design coordination activities.
· The design of heat exchanger assemblies and buried piping for district network consumer connections
· The use of 2D and 3D AutoCAD in the creation of engineering schematic and layout drawings
· The production of tender scopes, specifications, bills of materials and pipe sizing calculations
· Technical support and design coordination with internal and external stakeholders, including business development and project managers, contractors, clients and design consultants
· Attendance at project sites for surveys, reviews, key delivery milestones and commissioning General Requirements:
· Attention to detail and a high standard of verbal and written skills
· A team player with an ability to self-manage and develop projects from an outline brief and specification
· Project document control & management in line with the company Quality Management System
· Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures
· Communicate the status of projects and tasks through the departmental reporting structure For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· BEng / BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar, minimum of a 2:1 standard)
· Completion of an industrial placement year or work experience placements within engineering
· An appreciation and basic understanding of the use of British Standards and industry knowledge
· University modules or demonstrable work experience with the use of 2D & 3D AutoCAD or similar
· A keen interest in combined heat and power (CHP) installations, district energy networks and energy saving technologies
· A natural aptitude for undertaking engineering calculations, analysis and problem solving
· An interest in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy systems and stress analysis
· MEng / MSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar subject)
· A basic knowledge of relevant standards and an ability to seek, understand and utilise industry knowledge to good effect
· An understanding of valves, instruments and piping components
· Experience of site visits and surveys to collect data for creating designs
· Experience liaising with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers
· Experience with the creation and detailing of bills of materials for plant equipment, piping components, valves and instrumentation
· Experience with district heating and cooling networks, boilers, CHP units, piping networks or building services For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.