ENGIE are recruiting for a Finance Administrator to be based in Blackburn BB1 2QE. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. Working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00 with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. On offer is a competitive salary.
This is an integral communication role, which requires a considerable amount of organisation to enable successful delivery of the Commercial Sector Objectives. It is essential that all work is completed to a high standard and excellent working standards are obtained throughout. The role requires dual initiatives with regards working alone or as part of a functioning team. This role requires excellent organisational skills coupled with excellent communication both are paramount and will be vital in this complex role.
The guide below is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required:
· Proficient IT skills; with the ability to use various computer packages confidently, including SAP, Planon, Excel and Word
· Preparation of customer monthly applications, detailing contract spend on breakdown works and extra to contract works
· Ensure invoices are received and Goods Receipted in the appropriate manner using the COUPA system
· Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors, chasing outstanding invoices for completed works
· Responsible for generating the contracts monthly invoices for the customer, including all material costs and sub contract costs
· Weekly timesheet data uploading into SAP for all engineers within the Peel portfolio
· Monthly Purchase card log, ensuring captured data is accurate and matches the monthly purchase card invoice to allow processing
· Collating all relevant reporting information and contract cost spend to enable the generating of the contracts monthly customer report
· Reviewing weekly WIP – working with various Managers reporting on and keep a running log with reasons for not billing / closing
· Provide support where necessary across various Peel contracts, ensuring relevant documentation and financial information is at hand for customer meetings/reports
· Excellent Communication, dealing with all levels of management, customers and suppliers internal and external
· Any other ad-hoc duties that may arise For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Highly proficient user of all MS Office Applications including Word, Excel
· A working knowledge of SAP, Planon and Coupa – desirable
· A professional and courteous manner is required always; ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, managers and customers
· Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage and organise heavy workloads, prioritising relevant business needs
· Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to understand and liaise with others
· Able to work effectively as part of a team or independently utilising their own initiative For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.