At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the service and maintenance needs of all Engie Storage’s deployed battery energy storage systems (BESS) and its controls. Secondary to that would be to maintain proper business relationships with all Engie’s customers and partners as well as performing required administrative duties as they relate to the maintenance and servicing of the BESS.
Los Angeles, CA / ENGIE Storage
Salaried – Exempt
Essential Job Functions
· Troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of all issues and tasks related to the BESS’s hardware and software build.
· Responding to service call’s in a timely manner and/or within a specified window.
· Completing yearly O&M services and preventative maintenance retrofits.
· Keeping an organized record of spare parts inventory.
· Updating the CMMS frequently the tasks and activities performed on the service ticket.
· Keeping open communication with the customer or partner as it relates to scheduling and updates on progress.
· Maintaining tools, test equipment and safety gear and ensuring they are properly calibrated and up to date.
· Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
· Working with vendors and suppliers for spare parts procurement, repair and RMA execution.
· Traveling up to 4-5 times a day to customer and partner sites.
· The ability to lift and carry a toolbox that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
· Complying with OSHA safety standards and protocols.
· 2+ years working in troubleshooting and maintenance of low and medium voltage equipment.
· Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
· Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
· Strong analytical and systematic troubleshooting skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate technical issues clearly.
· Exemplifying reliability and accountability for all aspects of the role, specifically as it relates to servicing helpdesk tickets and customer service.
· Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
· Experience working with both internal team members and external customers as part.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, independent atmosphere.
· Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and roles.
· Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
· Exemplifies a strong attention to detail.
· Ethical and trustworthy
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
· Evidence of good time management skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
· Ability of using diagnostic equipment and tools.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Mechanical or Electrical degree or certification.
· Experience in renewable energy field.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Aug 22, 2019