ENGIE are recruiting for a Field Operator to be based in Sullom Voe Power Station ZE2 9TU. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. (Standard office hours 9am - 5pm until training is completed). On offer is a competitive salary.
Key Roles for a Field Operator are:
· Liaise with Control Room Operator, Terminal Control Centre and other members of the area team to maintain overall operation
· To record readings, equipment and override status and procedure detailed logs / journals containing appropriate information about routine and key events, operational changes and plant upsets, for shift handover, completion of trip records and investigating purposes
· Prompt and concise reporting of plant / equipment faults / defects
· Raising work orders as necessary
· Monitor plant and equipment performance regularly and initiate remedial action if required
· Optimise usage and minimise loss of consumables including diesel, liquid nitrogen, chemicals and water etc.
· To assist and support area multidiscipline technician teams in routine, plant upset, maintenance and emergency activities
· Liaise with maintenance Technicians and contractor carrying out plant work with loss potential, acting as a field contact for operator/craft interface
· Prepare plant for, and return plant from, maintenance in accordance with Operating Procedures, Integrated Safe System of Work (IS Sow) and Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant and Equipment (SIRP)
· Respond to operational emergencies and plant alarms by liaison with the BP Shift Team Leader and Emergency Response Team and take appropriate corrective actions
· Act as a mentor for any person undergoing operational training or familiarisation
· In conjunction with team leader progress and complete individual training plans
· Assist Lifting Specialists by monitoring lifting operations over ‘live plant’ and completer relevant documentation to authorise work to proceed
· Monitor all work on-going within the area of responsibility to ensure compliance with the power station safety regulations and the Safe System of Work
· Keep up to date with current operating instructions and procedures
· Assist lab technician with fuel gas sampling
· Plant housekeeping duties
The responsibilities outlined are not intended to be exhaustive and other duties maybe required from time to time.
This position supports the Control Room Operator and provides front line support for the safe and efficient operation of the plant and equipment installed on the power station, providing information of the status of the plant that can assist the Control Room Operator in critical decision making on plant operations.
Failure to correctly manage the plant can result in penalties through the contract, lost opportunity to secure income and a possible impact on persons working on the site and also the environment. This will also be applicable to persons that may be under their guidance when working on the plant.
This position requires a high degree of understanding of the plant, the processes employed within the plant and also the systems used to control the plant, both in times of normal operation and emergency operation. The position holder will be able to handle multiple information feeds and to rationalise these to maintain safe plant operation, maintain plant output and support fault rectification works.
The position holder will need to understand the Safe System of Work duties placed upon them and at times be able to provide support and direction to persons working on site to maintain safety from the system.
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
· Experience and qualification in health and safety management (IOSH 5 Day)
· A recognised process qualification at NVQ, SVQ/ONC level or equivalent in an engineering field
· Substantial relevant experience
· Ideally you will be apprentices trained in a process discipline or equivalent
· Full UK or EU driver’s licence The following experience is required:
· The ability to analyse data and provide a balanced business solution from such data
· High level of IT skills, including Microsoft office, Maintenance Systems and Permit Systems
· Understanding of the operating details of the installed DCS on site
· The ability to remain calm in a crisis and direct staff which may be under duress at such time
· Experience of Risk Management techniques
· Thorough understanding of the operation of a power station and the auxiliary systems associated with it
· Sound understanding of our requirements for health, safety, environment and quality management (ISO9001/14001, OHSAS18001 and our PPC document)
· Good understanding of the procedures associated with the role
· Understanding of the Terminal site and plants contained within it
· Previous experience as a process operator
· Practical knowledge of health and safety For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.