Electrical Engineer Battery Energy Storage System
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel’ s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
The “Energy” Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
· Power, Heat and Desalination
· Gas: energy generation and pipelines
· Wind, on-shore and offshore
· Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
· Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the “Energy” Business Line, the “Transmission & Distribution” Electrical Competence Centre is in charge of the following tasks related to Transmission & Distribution and electrical activities for the other product lines (e.g. power plants, renewables, gas…):
· Feasibility and Basic Design.
· Electrical System Studies.
· Detailed Electrical Design.
· Procurement of electrical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
· Electrical Design Review.
· Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
· Audit of electrical installations.
These activities are executed within different contractual contexts as for instance consulting, owners engineering, EPCM missions as well as EPC contract execution.
The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
As Electrical Engineer you must be able to manage the various aspects relating to electrical power for Battery Energy Storage Systems or Microgrid project whether new built or retrofit. In this function, you must be able to take on the following tasks:
· Provide consulting in the field of electrical systems of BESS, microgrid and distribution system
· Evaluate and comment the technical documents issued by contractors and manufacturers
· Take charge or assess the design, renovation and optimization studies for electrical systems, in compliance with local and international standards and regulations.
· Set out the ratings of equipment, technical specifications and the general design of BESS and microgrids, including generator, generator protections, generator breaker, power transformer, MV and LV motors, electrical auxiliaries.
· Take charge of the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of electrical equipment or services.
· Take charge of the interface between the Asset owner and the grid operator from the feasibility study up to the commercial operation of project.
· Oversee the management of interfaces relating to other technical disciplines or with the customer’s installation
· Conduct a technical-commercial follow-up of contracts
· Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for electrical equipment or systems
· Take part to consultancy mission, and in particular asses the remaining lifetime and general condition of the electrical equipment in existing installations
· Support the business development team by technical or technical-economical analysis and during meeting with prospect.
· Support the sales team for the technical methodology of offers
· You have a Master of electromechanical or electrical engineering (or equivalent), with minimum 4 years’ experience in the field of electrical power generation (conventional and/or renewable) or electrical distribution.
· You have at least 2 years of relevant experience with Electrical Storage systems and associated power electronics.
· You have proven experience in consultancy service and/or construction projects
· You have proficient knowledge of English knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset.
· You are mobile and open to missions abroad (short or medium-term)
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world’s largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Nov 5, 2020